So I just laid down the law...

Follow

Well, I just informed everyone if they bring the old man home from the facility...im gone if they do not hire care. After speaking with my mother, i told them what she said..hospice is for family to provide care not my responsibility. Over the last 45 minutes, ive been called every name in the book, so i guess battle lines are drawn.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
I brought my dad home after a stroke and with dementia ...just about caused a divorce and was not good for my boys , i had to provide 24 hr care. It was so hard i will never offer to care for someone again :(
(1)

When my Mom has a messy bowel movement accident, I tried washing her pj bottoms out in the shower, but my weak stomach could not handlevit. Now I just throw the pj bottoms away. Then I go to goodwill and buy pj bottoms for $4
(0)

The problem with aps in michigan is since shes on waiver, they just throw it back to her casemanager to fix. Her hands are tied and we talk all the time.

I composed the letter to reject poa, but need to wait til monday to have it notarized.

I have ignored her all day, rejecting calls. I spent the whole day working and am exhausted but will finish up tomorrow. Of course, none of her family called or came to check on her so maybe she'll get the hint.
(0)

Tacy, you need to resign POA and walk away from this family drama. You are enmeshed and sorry to say it, but you are enabling their denial by picking up the pieces.

Get away for a few weeks, stay with a friend. Tell aps that you have atepped away.

You do not "beg" boyfriend. You tell him what your plans are. Not threatening, not angry. Just "these are my plans, I've informed APS."

And leave.
(1)

Pain in ass. After posting last night, i begged the boyfriend for respite. Waiver has been offering for over a year...its 5 days she can be put in a facility. Im behind on work, its tax season and it would just give me time to focus. The answer is no because deep down they know she wont get out because she cant meet her basic needs. I wrote another email to family last night about my availability which is nonexistent this weekend. I have w2s and 1099s to send out monday. Im auto rejecting all their calls.
(1)

What does pia stand for?
(0)

I have to agree. Causing myself to need steroids -oolala. Tacy- weeping legs is serious. Please call emergency services. If she denies, then at least you tried. And don't "lay down the law" if you can't mean it. That just undermines you to them. Put that DPOA isn't valid UNLESS you act like you have accepted it. If you write letter to them that you do not accept it, it will stand up in court. But it f you do not, and act instead like it "annoys you, but ok," that will stand up in court too.
(0)

And rain.. where do they come from... overnight? One day I am fine,, the next day I have a 1/2 inch hair?
(0)

Thanks - I'll skip the vaginal cream on my face if steroids are the results! God knows I have enough problems with chin hairs since menopause kicked my butt around the block!
(2)

Okay - I've got it! It's brilliant, if I say so myself! Tell your boyfriend and other family members who are in denial about mom, you'd like to make them dinner. Once they are seated serve each person a bowl filled with 26oz of table salt - and a spoon. Tell them Bon Apptite! It's good enough for their perfectly sane mother, right?
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions