Follow

The only way my MIL was able to have a phone for the entirety of her dementia journey was by switching her to a phone that was dementia friendly. The RAZ Memory Phone IS that phone and so much more.

See https://www.razmobility.com/

As a smartphone, the caregiver interface allows:

1) Control of who and when can call and be called. This helped us when a flying monkey needed removed as a contact.

2) Control of hours called. This helped us when MIL lost the ability to tell time and was calling at all hours of the night thinking it was daytime.

3) Control of redirecting 911 calls. This helped us when MIL called 911. The interface has a notification saying a 911 call was generated.

4) Viewing of the phones location by GPS. This helped if she ever got out as we could track her by her phone.

5) Instant feed back on the phones battery. We were able to call the MC and have them deal with charging the phone when we got a low battery notification.

6) Auto answer, volume control and disabled off feature. With her old flip phone she was always turning down the volume or turning it off accidentally. These were non problems as soon as she was switched to the RAZ Mobility Phone.

Full disclosure, I have no relationship to the RAZ phone company other than seeing one in use.

On a side note - I love how the mods have once again changed a recommendation into a question 🙄
(0)

Thanks for the recommendation!
(0)

This is the first phone recommendation I've seen that actually looks like it could be useful, thanks for sharing.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter