Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
I'm so glad that you and your husband made this decision. It's terrible when they get to that stage. And that it might escalate to violence. Best to do what is needed to get her out and into another place that can better handle her 24/7. She's not going to improve but continue to get worse and will eventually be needing 24/7 care. I'm also so glad that your father is stepping up to help with the cost. Most relatives tend to look the other way and think the caregivers are "exaggerating" the situation. You all take care.
(6)

Aisha, HALLELUJAH!! That's what I'm talkin' about. Smartest decision ever. Would that more people dealing with these types would do the same and grab their precious lives back. Life's too damn short to deal with nasty customers like that and I don't care if they are family. DNA be damned. Who needs it? Big congrats on one hell of an awesome decision! I wish you and your family all the joy and peace you deserve! :D
(5)

My husband spent the day calling different residential board and care homes. We are hoping to get her out as soon as we can next week. My dad is going to supplement what she gets from SSI to cover her living expenses. We are just trying to find the cheapest board and care we can find, not the best.
(5)

Good for you! Hard but needed decision!

What are the logistics of this change? Where will Grandma go? Do you have help with this transition, from a social worker for example?
(5)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter