Follow

I am the caregiver for my hubbie. He had a stroke 1 1/2 years and a bypass and other medical issues. Thanks, dawn1947.😿😿😿

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Dawn, I recognize those symptoms. For your own health and, yes, life, you must make changes. I'll repeat the others' recommendation for changes such as seeing a doctor for advice for yourself, respite or home health for your husband (and for you), etc. Please let us know how you're doing.
(2)

I also drop things. I never used to drop anything. Stress. It's hard. My mother refuses Assisted Living and I shouldn't be at home doing all this by myself either. Call Office Of Aging and get family caregiver respite. Take care of yourself!
(1)

You sound exactly like me! That shouldn't make me happy, but it's nice to know I'm not alone. When you find a solution, please post it here.
(3)

Thankyou.
Peace, dawn1947.
(1)

What can I say, but thanks for your love and support. Because of this site and all of you I'm doing better.
Peace, dawn1947.❤️
(2)

Dawn - I really think you need a permanent change in your husband's care arrangement. Periodic breaks will not help. He requires TOO MUCH care than you can provide and handle.

My recommendation is that you put him in a care facility, or f you can afford, hire a caregiver to come to the house to take over for you several days a week.
(4)

Care giving is hard work with little support and for most zero education. Have you gone to your doctor for a check up recently? Do you have support in your community?

Have you looked into respite services in your community? It can take a while to book a place, but you would get a week or two of a break, knowing your dh is being well cared for.
(5)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter