Follow

Mom passed yesterday. I was going to post about nearing end of life and how you know. Well - you don't really know even when hospice uses the word imminent. After a really fun Christmas, she stayed only a little over 2 days. It was peaceful. Now she is my angel Mom (with my angel Dad).

This forum answered so many questions for me and gave me strength, hope and camaraderie.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I’m glad you were able to have your Mom with you for Christmas. A peaceful transition to her life with your Dad again is wonderful. I’m sure you miss them both but feel comforted in knowing they have been reunited. Hugs to you DrCarol.
(0)

Dr. Carol. I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m glad her death was peaceful. I believe in angels. She and your dad will live in your heart forever.
(0)

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother. I know it must still be hard, even though, it sounds like you were somewhat prepared. Thank goodness it was peaceful.
(1)

DrCarol, I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like you have a healthy outlook on life, and know that life and then death is not really up to us, and that everyone goes in their own time.

I'm glad you had Hospice in, and I hope that they were very helpful for you. How wonderful that you were able to have a lovely Christmas, and are now at peace with your folks being gone, I too have lost both my parents and though I miss them terribly at times, I know that they are together and at peace and no longer suffering, and and that brings me great comfort.

It is going to be a busy time for you in the coming days, you will be on "auto-pilot" (self preservation mode) for a while, and then your grief will come in waves and that is OK, just remember to allow the process and deal with each phase as it comes, and do get help with it if you need to, soon you will be remembering all the happy memories you had with your parents, and can now get on with your own life which I hope is full of Love and Adventure! Take Care!
(2)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mom.  She stayed for Christmas with you, and it's so wonderful that it was "really fun, peaceful," with happy moments to remember.  Praying for you and your angel Mom, now with angel Dad.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss. (((((Hugs))))))
(1)

AT least she made it through Christmas. And your angel parents are up there looking after you.
(1)

So very sorry to hear this, now she is at peace, an angel who will protect you from afar.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter