Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
To garden artist,it was a physical ordeal for me...I was so exhausted when I finally got home....but it does not match by far the physical ordeal those people who were trapped in those towers felt.May they all rest in peace.M 🐬
(1)

On 9/11, I was scheduled to go on a drive vacation with my parents to the Oregon Coast, and at around 5:30am, my son called to say TURN ON THE NEWS there is something Big, happening in New York City, so we did, just in time to see the second plane hit the Twin Towers. It was Madness, watching as they both eventually desingrated into the ground before our very eyes. A couple of hours of watching the horrors of the news, so saddened over the many who had needlessly lost their lives, terrified that at any minute, our own city could be attacked, I headed over to my parents home, once there, continuing to watch the news, trying to figure out if we should procede with our planned trip, and if it would even be safe, as what would happen if the attacks should start in Seattle, and we would be away from our Loved Ones. Finally at about noon, we finally decided to go ahead with our original plans anyways, and left heading South on our car trip. Driving on the freeway, through the city of Seattle, there was hardly a car on the road, very eerie, and not a plane in the sky, which was very strange, as we passed by the exit for our very busy International Airport. Listening to the news on the car radio, driving in near silence, as we were so ingrossed in hearing what was going on in the world. We did our best to enjoy our holiday, but it was so nice to come home safe to our Loved ones, but nothing would ever be right in the world there after as 9/11 has affected all of our lives in one way or another, but mostly in the way in which we hug our family a little longer, and tell them that we love them a little more often, as you just never know anymore, what might happen.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter