Has anyone seen a picture of themselves lately and freaked out?

Follow

I want to get some new glasses and took a picture of myself to upload to try on frames online. I am about to cry...no one told me how horrible, tired, fat, etc. I look!! ARGH!!

I went back to college after my divorce and took a speech class back in 2002. We had to do a big speech and mine was on stress and how if affects the body. I had a picture of President Bush the day he took office and then a present day picture of him to show the class how stress affects you. I know it does, but sure didn't realize it made me look so bad! I used to be commented on how young I look...I bet I don't now!!!

Please, everyone, take care of yourself. I know me being so concerned on how I look is small compared to what we all are doing for our loved ones...

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
1 2 3
Oh my goodness! I am 57. I am so depressed looking in the mirror. I have aged so much caring for my mom. On the up side...since I only get a quick run to the grocery store these days if I have someone to sit with her...who cares anymore? I used to have an active social life with my husband and kids and friends...all gone. My siblings are useless. They quit being involved. aargh!
(2)

I used to be thin. When I graduated from high school I only weighed 88 lbs and was a size 6. What a change.
(2)

good for you Cap...so happy for you!!
(1)

6 yrs ago when i was taking some really rough chemo for hepc i used to look in the mirror and think " you poor , dumb , bastard . i saw another patient online describe the fatigue one time . he said that to untie the twistie tie on a bag of bread to get a couple slices of bread was just more effort than the sandwich was worth . its true . to stand up was a culmination of every speck of energy one could muster .
that was a medical situation tho . now the hepc is resolved and i look like one of those 15 yr old male students that female teachers keep molesting .
(3)

When it comes to make up, I prefer Urban Decay...LOL!! eyeliner, it is waterproof and last the best of all I have tried. I am not much for foundation and powers but will use a tinted moisturizer from NARS. They are a bit pricey at JCPenney, but I havent found any that work as these do.
(1)

I agree, we should be able to delete a post if we want or edit it.
(1)

In the past almost 4 years of caregiving life:

I have not been in a hair salon one time. My hair has gotten so much more gray that I lightened my hair (on my own) to try to get it to blend better.

I have discovered how great elderly ointments - like A&D - are for my skin. I put it around my eyes every night and it works great as an anti-wrinkle, I think!

That's all I can think of at the moment because I'm tired. But... I do highly recommend the A&D ointment around the eyes at night! Hugs.
(3)

We should be able to edit them, I agree :) Thank you for the advise on thyroid, am going to ask on next Dr. visit.
(1)

Dang tiny phones! Why can't we edit our posts?
(0)

The dark circles under my eyes make me look like i'm a goth grandma. I never get more than 4 hours straight of sleep, it is like having a big wrinkly baby with colic. ladies, if you haven't had your thyroid checked, do it now. 2 years ago during the change, i told my dr about this and she said it was a symptom of low thyroid. I have lose 30lbs and my hair is probably improved by 50%. Not as thick asbefore but much much bettrr, it just takes time.
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Related
Questions