Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
What did grandma say to the new caregiver? "I see you are new here i hope you like it" Whatever made you think that" the caregiver asked. "Your shoes are clean'!!!!!!!!!!!!
(1)

Very funny. I hope I can keep my sense of humor! I'm going to be 24/7 caregiver you're all managing to do it I'll be able to do it too. Actually I'm scared to death!
(1)

Learn to not mentally process what you see I e bathing and cleaning. Don't be afraid to take a break
(2)

No new advice but I wanted to bring this thread up to the forefront. I notice a LOT of new caregivers here and wanted them to get a needed giggle as well as the great advice posted here. I'll be watching for new ones. I could use a giggle myself!
(1)

Hmm advice from the seasoned caregiver
1.Never eat anything the patients give you, you don't know where it has been.
2 Watch the old men. they pretend to be asleep so they can pinch your butt as you walk by
3. The brown marks on the sheets are not chocolate.
(1)

A bottle of valium- for YOU!
(2)

Extra TP, a back-up/emergency supply of chux, flushable wipes, Lysol spray, LOTS of disposable vinyl gloves, room deoderizor, extra strength Tylenol (for you)...all important to keep on hand.
You're also going to need alcohol (NOT the rubbing kind).....and chocolate. Or ice cream. Both chocolate AND ice cream would be best. Did I say alcohol? Beer...wine...vodka...tequila...whatever floats your boat. If money gets a little short and you have to choose between Depends and a 12 pack of Corona, go with the Corona. The Depends can wait. That's why you keep the extra supply of chux on hand.
(2)

I wish there was a thumbs up button- yaya would get my vote! She captured the essence of how we all feel!
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter