Follow

I want to thank everyone at this forum for their kind words and tremendous help. I don't feel alone when I reach out to everyone here. You are right, I should have gone into another room while DH visited with granddaughter. She is very young. I don't think she understood fully of the impac this has taken on us. No one really does until they are in it themselves. Thank you kindly.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I went to a Memorial service of a friend on Sat. We sat with a classmate and his wife. I cared for my Mom in my home for 20 months, they had cared for her Mother. The one thing my classmate said was "No one knows what Dementia is unless they have taken care of someone with it."

A person has to spend at least 24 hrs with someone suffering from Dementia. Because they have to experience the "showtiming", the "sundowning", and the roaming around at night. Then they have to be told "now Xs that by 7 days a week, 12 months year. Add to that the person can't be left alone. Add in paranoia, aggressiveness and so on.

I ran into a neighbor and his wife a few months back and I knew she had Dementia. She was more childlike. Not sure if she knew me or just liked talking to someone. Such a shame. This woman was a Nurse and was still doing private nursing into her 70s taking care of others.
(3)

You’re very welcome. I am glad that you found comfort from the forum.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter