Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Bless your heart.
(4)

Just posting a message of caring and support for you. When I joined this forum I was only thinking about those of us with parents. I’ve been struck and humbled by all the caring spouses that have lived through this challenge. God bless him and you.
(6)

I am so Sorry for your own Loss. My Mom died of Cancer on December 14 of 2018. Dad has Emphysema and his own quality of life is shortening where he may have to leave his own home and go into a Facility. Keep up the good and caring work, God bless you, angel..We need more angels like you.
(5)

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings and experiences with us. I am humbled by your words and your perspective. Your words reflect a softening and acceptance of what is. You are definitely on the path of healing. Lots of hugs and blessings. I am grateful, like you, to have beautiful memories and experiences to relish.
(6)

Thank you for your lovely thoughts, She.

I have heard of American Indian ceremonies to heal such loss and transitions. I wish such traditions were more widespread for all of us.
(6)

I am so sorry for your loss. I am going to have to deal with losing my mom sometime this year suffering end-stage Alzheimer's; she is almost 90 (in six months). I do not ever want to forget how she is now because that person she used to be is already gone. She does have moments of understanding, but she cannot form any kind of conversation. The Hoyer lift I bought and plan to keep it as a visible reminder what I have to go through. When it comes to Alzheimer's we mourn in constant succession as their life is eaten up by this disease taking many years (in mom's case) as I have been dealing with this over 10 years; the worst was over the last couple of years. She even has to be hand fed and it's tough to get her to swallow anything.
(5)

I am very sorry for your lost. God bless you. I pray that you find joy on your new journey. Thank you for the wonderful post.

((Hugs))
(7)

So sorry to hear of your husband's passing.  Thank you for the lovely post you shared with us - God bless you - this part of your journey is over.  I pray that the journey ahead will bring a newfound joy and the precious memories of your husband will overshadow the difficult ones.  💙💙
(8)

((((((Hugs)))))), She1934. I'm so sorry for your loss.
(7)

She1934
So sad to hear your dear husband is gone. You sound amazing after such a short time. I know you have been working hard and you are an inspiration to us all on how to proactively grieve and not just suffer our loses alone.
Do come back and encourage others as you have time in your schedule. Thanks for the book recommendations.
Hugs
(7)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter