Follow

https://twitter.com/kalmantibs/status/1726338764388069385

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-first-lady-rosalynn-carter-dies-at-96/ar-AA1kc46Z

She was diagnosed with dementia and had started hospice less than a week ago.

Find Care & Housing
Did anyone see a clip of Rosalynn Carter’s funeral? I just saw it. So very touching. All of the First Ladies were in attendance.

Amy was just a child when she was in the White House. I got choked up when she read the letter that her dad wrote to say goodbye to his sweet wife. We can hear where his heart is. He longs to be with Rosalynn again.

So many spouses long for their lifelong partners.

I certainly know that my mom missed my dad terribly. She kissed his photo goodnight every evening. She told him that she loved him. It was so sweet.

It is amazing that at age 99 Jimmy Carter showed up at the funeral. He can’t speak or walk. Seeing him rolled in was such an impactful visual. No words were necessary. His presence said it all.

Rosalynn and Jimmy had an incredible love affair, didn’t they? Their history goes so far back. They grew up in such a small town. Jimmy Carter’s mother delivered Rosalynn.

I can relate to this story. My mom was born with a midwife. I found out recently that my friend’s grandmother was the only midwife in New Orleans during the years when my mother was born. So her grandmother delivered my mom!
(4)

The two of them accomplished more in their long lifetimes that most of us can ever hope to do. What a profound and positive effect they have made on the world through their caring and kind personalities personified in Habit for Humanity. The world has lost a very special and caring soul. RIP Mrs. Carter
(4)

He has been on hospice for a few months. He is 99.
(3)

I’m very happy that she had a long and satisfying life.

Jimmy Carter adored her and felt that she was his equal partner in life. He often called her his “secret weapon.”

They had a very special relationship.
(7)

I think she was a grand lady and showed a lot of grace under pressure.
(9)

I am sorry to hear this. This was a life well lived.
(8)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter