Follow

I want to thank all of the supportive folks here on this forum. This has been an amazing resource and emotional support for myself and my family. I came into this utterly clueless but took every problem day by day. I broke down here and there but always got back up.

I took the advice of those here and from friends to hire a firm in elder law. They were so helpful and speedy to get the process going for Medicaid. Within the past couple months, my parents are now both moved into a SNF and share a room together. Medicaid is pending. There were some bumps in the road along the way, but I know now they're receiving the care they need and my sibling and I won't experience financial hardship for much longer. I'm at ease knowing they both will have the proper skilled nursing 24/hr care they deserve and they won't be separated again.

I was so scared that I was going to become the sole caretaker by moving Mom into my home. Navigating the Medicaid system by myself and putting my finances and career on the line. And ultimately, worrying that the care I provide wouldn't be enough to keep Mom safe.

If anyone is at all lost, I recommend going to someone in elder law. Don't hesitate!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
How great that your parents have the same room in the skilled nursing home. That much be a relief not only to you but to them. And that you found the Elder Law Attorney very helpful.

Thanks for the update, we always like to hear if advice found on this forum worked :)
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter