Follow

He passed away while driving and having a medical emergency resulting in a crash (He was only 67) He was such a funny funny man, May he RIP

Maybe this will give pause to those of you whose mature parents still want to get behind the wheel when they may not be medically able to do so anymore.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I remember him from a few TV sitcoms. Whenever he was in a scene, he made it better, funnier IMO. RIP Leslie.
(0)

Very sad to hear this news.

About parents and driving. Have you not noticed that older people can be stubborn? and that every time you take away something they bristle because it means the inevitable is happening?

It's not so easy. You can't just yank someone's car keys away from them.

I recommend having a doctor or professional deliver this news to your LO. Let them be the bad guy.
(0)

I did not recognize the name but as soon as I pulled the info up I knew who he was/is.
Yes a funny man.
And I thought he was older than 67!
(1)

Yes he sure was, and is.
(1)

MJ1929
True, it is different if you have medical issues, regardless of age.
I believe there was a story a few weeks ago of a woman who crashed into people with the cause being a medical issue. She had had a crash in the past with the same issue, knew about it, and continued to drive.

One time I was almost hit by an older person, maybe not medical issue related, who ran a red light even though the walk sign was on for me to cross. He had his wife in the car and she did not even react.
(0)

They're still investigating, but it points to a medical emergency being the cause.
(0)

One of his most popular roles was on "Will and Grace"
(1)

Never heard of the guy. Looked on Google and didn't recognize his photo.
(0)

They don't know the cause yet. It only happened about five hours ago, but the car accident wasn't serious enough to kill someone. I'd guess it was a widowmaker heart attack.

I never heard of him myself, but 67 is hardly the age to stop driving or even elderly by most standards.
(4)

Leslie Jordan was a gifted actor and comedian. He will be missed. And I will not presume to know facts not yet known about the cause of his death. May he Rest In Peace. And thanks for the memories
(5)

Well, anyone can have a medical emergency that can cause an accidental death, regardless of age.

My son lost one of his best friends who was doing an open water test for a state park lakeside lifeguard job. This young man was a record setting swimmer in high school and college; but he had a seizure while doing one of the open water testing requirements and drowned. He only ever had had one seizure previously in his life, when he was an infant.

I will also point out that, unless you have been told by someone in the medical field that you specifically shouldn't be driving, I don't consider 67 "too old" to be driving under any stretch of the imagination.

Was that the case in this situation? And if so, can you reference it?
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter