Follow

I had a big job interview 2 months ago.

The day before the interview was the night I had to rush Mom to the hospital for the PEG tube placement.

I just received word that I didn't get the job.

I can't help but wonder if it wasn't for rushing my mother to the hospital the night before....maybe I would have performed better on the interview. I keep going over the inteview in my mind. Wondering which question I answered wrong.

Well....so much for the promotion that I had hoped for.

I would have got to travel, take my wife with me and doubled my salary.

Well I guess I'll still be on here with you guys for the foreseeable future.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
it’s always frustrating/disappointing when things like that don’t work out. hug!! i hope you’re doing things to cheer yourself up.

and go get the next one! you’ll succeed at the next one! we constantly have to dust ourselves off, and get up again.

(the reason you can’t reply individually is because the forum’s admin decided to move your question/thread to discussions. they decide which ones get moved. discussions can’t be replied to individually.)
(0)

Can't seem to post individual replies now but....thanks guys.

I don't know if it seems selfish of me to come on here to vent so often but... it's a tight situation.

Its like an anger that you can't express because there is nobody to be angry at.

I can't be angry at my Mom because its not her fault that she's sick.

I can't be angry at God because...well ....it's not like I can physically see God to argue with him.

I can't be angry at my Dad because it's not his fault either.

It's nobody's fault.

P.S. as to this most recent disappointment ....I can't even be angry at the recruiters because I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

There's a bit of jealousy because I know some other people that got the job before me. They are the ones who suggested that I apply in the first place. So there's this self doubt/jealousy of "maybe I'm just not good enough" knawing at me a bit.

But I will shake this off. I got to.
(1)

Sorry about the promotion falling through. It's likely that you didn't "answer a question wrong", but maybe they already had someone in mind. (I work at an academic medical center so that sometimes I get the "inside scoop"). Don't beat yourself up about it. There's always another opportunity on the horizon.
(2)

hug!! sorry to hear that. it must be super disappointing and frustrating.

you’ll succeed at the next interview/promotion!!

i hope you’re doing lots of nice things to cheer yourself up.

bad news: rejection
good news: you get to be super nice to yourself, treat yourself to all sorts of nice things.
(0)

I am sorry for not getting promotion you wanted.
Frankly, living with husband with PD, I am feeling like you, my world is shrinking, as possibilities of treatments for this disease and/or getting better are less and less.
He was denied DBS today. Patches will work better but not available in Canada just USA.
All I can say I understand how you feel.
(1)

I put in for a Secretarial job at the Church Office. I knew what was involved and it wasn't a needing shorthand. I had been an office worker for years. Just wanted something to work around my husbands night-time job and our daughter who was under 5. I did not get the job and the poor Minister was so apologetic. He was out voted by the committee. I told him that was OK that something would come up. It always did. He was surprised of my attitude and called me an Angel. Not long after, a local business was hiring p/t and I applied and got the job. The hours were perfect. 10 to 2. Got home in time to get DH off to work and take over the care of our daughter.

It could have been that the thing with Mom. Could be as a new Doctor you didn't have the experience that the person that got the job had. Who knows. I can so see why you need to get away. Peoples expectations of you are too high. There will be that job that takes you away and grab it when it does. You are not the only person who can care for Mom. You cannot put your career on hold. Now is the time to take whatever comes your way.

I am not a religious person but I have sent up a prayer for you because I believe they do work.
(1)

Thanks. Sigh....this feeling will pass. But for today. It stings
(4)

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason, and it may take you a few more miles down the road of life before you can truly understand what that reason is or was.
I'm also a firm believer in the fact that when we give of ourselves to others especially in the act of caregiving, that God will in His time give us double for our trouble. Meaning that He will bless us beyond anything we could have ever imagined. So hang tight, and be expectant of His blessing(s).
(3)

PFFFFFFFFTTTTT, blowing a big fat raspberry out there into the universe right now.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job that sounds like it would've been perfect for you. It seems to me that things happen for a reason, which sounds like a 'trite' answer when you're probably reeling with the sting of rejection right now. But one day down the road, when a better offer comes along, you may be thankful you didn't take this job that 'sounded like it would've been perfect for you' b/c the one you wind up taking will truly BE the right one for you. That is my hope for you, anyway. Try not to beat yourself up for 'giving the wrong answer' during the interview, too. I'm sure you did your best, and what more can you ask of yourself?

I'm sure this feels like another punch in your gut when you're already burned out and resentful for having to care for your mom. Sometimes life just sucks and there's no other way to say it. We've all been there at one time or another. Sending you a great big hug and a prayer that the reason why you didn't get this job becomes clear to you in short order. And I'm glad you'll be here with us for the foreseeable future!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter