Follow

Please use paragraphs (that is, hit the return bar twice). It's hard to read a giant post with lots of details if it's in one huge block.

Thanks! Hope everyone is hanging in there.

(I had to pick a topic to post, so I chose this one randomly.)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
NeedHelpWithMom, I do the same, I hate doing this but I have no choice. I tend to lose my place. It comes with age :P
(1)

I totally agree with your comments. I hate to say it but I don’t usually read the posts that are extremely long without paragraphs.
(2)

Observation👀 on the chaotic, no paragragh writers.
It seems anyone coming onto this site is very pent up for months or years and needs desperately to ventilate. They are likely feeling isolated and alone . So when they start telling their story, it gushes out- emotion in full charge, telling urgently. Then all that proper stuff gets forgotten momentarily to just unload. (Which is tolerated here and appreciated .) I think encouragement and helpful hints for navigating around might be a nice response. They will settle down. Then the proper writing should kick in. Just sayin....✍
(2)

I think this is a great idea. I speed read some books, and really you kind of only need the first sentence.

Going to try to remember to do this. At 80, that alone takes some doing.
(3)

I too agree but I can understand why its not done. Me, I am on a small tablet using a stylus. So it takes me a long time to type out what I want to say. I do go back and reread and try to make corrections.
(3)

Totally agree, especially paragraphs. Spell check isn’t always what we hope it will be, but I’m OK with misspelling as long as I can get the point of what’s written.
(2)

TeethGrinder65, I agree with you. Paragraphs are so much easier to read. And for writers to please use punctuation, as a 300 word sentence can read be difficult to figure out.

I believe the issue has to do with what device one is using to communicate. Back when desk top computers were more popular, it was so much easier to write on a forum. I grew up with a keyboard and using all my fingers to type, so I continue to use that form.

I remember years ago when writers would proof-read to make sure one's typing was correct. Today with cellphones it is too time consuming to proof-read, and with auto correct, well the post can be difficult to understand and/or laughable.
(2)

In the past I've copied and pasted longer posts onto a word document so I can make sense of it.
(6)

This isn't the first time a participant has made this appeal. I'm with you on this. Also, spell check seems to be wanting.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter