Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Dad slides down the hospital bed. Even with his help, we cannot pull him back up. No matter how many times the nurse and caregivers pull him up, by the end of the day, he has inched himself right back down. He's used to having his legs dangling off the foot of the bed. Just above the shin/ankle area is poking out.

This is now hurting his legs despite the long pillows. I remember ordering the under-the-door-draft which I haven't used yet. I put it on the foot of the bed, upside down. He likes it because it's a little more comfortable than the hard plastic foot board. I'm still trying to find an improvement on this.
(1)

Oldest sis came home today and bought for me a $1.99 generic swifter mop. She told me that I will have to buy the refill pads. I've been meaning to buy one for months but the cost of the Swifter was just too expensive. I appreciate sis buying this for me and I told her so.

I immediately went online to search on how to make my own refill pads and cleaning solutions. I can buy at the $1.99 store (if they have any) chenille socks (? don't even know what that is, will need to google it) or the Microfiber cloth. Or I can use what's handy here in the house: old thin wash cloths, old clothes, old socks or the Bounty paper towel for the pad.

Cleaning solution that I chose, since I have it: 50% water, 50% vinegar and 2-3 drops of dish soap. Some tips said to add some alcohol to dry faster and to prevent mold from growing. Others said to add some essential oil lemon or orange...which I don't have nor plan to buy.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter