Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
CTTN55,

Sadly, some of the things listed rang a bell for me.
(2)

Excellent thread Need! Thanks for posting it. >>Yes and No person here<<
If speaking about being a caregiver for a LO, nobody asked me. I already lived w/ our mom (and dad bfore he died) but not as a CG for them. They were both in good health, 100% independent. After moms hospital fiasco she needed care&my sister assumed it was my responsibility. Nice huh?
(4)

That's a very interesting article. Thanks for posting!

Often more than one reason is involved when people say yes.

People who claim to "do the right thing" or "take the high road" so that they can "sleep at night" or "look themselves in the mirror." Those are pat answers, and I bet many people never realize why they are really saying yes.
(5)

Beatty,

It is interesting that some of our brains are wired a certain way to become susceptible to these things.
(2)

Wow.. This is an excellent find Need.

I do say no.. but I think I need to read, read & read again.

Someone I am supporting just will not say no. It puzzles me to say the least!

I see so many threads also where posters ask a question or vent their tale as if there wasn't a *no* option at al all. Saying Yes to avoiding saying No..? Looking at the movitvation behind this is very illuminating.
(3)

Way,

I see a lot of people struggling on this forum. I have been there too.

My hope is that people will see this thread and know that there is no judgement and that they will see that there are valid reasons why they have struggled.

Growing up in a dysfunctional family certainly affects us.
(4)

Guilty of at least 3 of these .
My DH always tells me I say “ Yes “ too often to please people .
He’s right .
(2)

Funky,

It is interesting.

No judgement from me about people who struggle with “Yes” and “No” because all of us have lived different lives and we process things individually.

I had my struggles and I had plenty of reasons as to why I struggled.
(3)

I'm so very grateful that I have NEVER been a yes person, however I know lots of folks who are, and they stay stressed and overwhelmed all the time.
NO is a complete sentence. Period.
(1)

Does anyone recognize themselves in any of these situations?
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter