Follow

Its only been a little over a month and she has already been hospitlized four times. I still have a teenage daughter at home and am a single parent. I am going to place her in a nursing facillity and its tearing my heart out. But I am overwhelmed and just cannot care for her at home. I know there is nothing anyone can say to make it better i guess i just need to vent.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I did get mother placed in the nursing facility. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. She did ok the first day, but the second day she begged to come home. Needless to say I have cried all evening, the guilt is almost unbearable. I keep telling myself its best for everyone. And I do appreciate your words and prayers.
(0)

Your post brought tears to my eyes as I could relate to so many of the feelings you shared. We’re also going through similar circumstances with my elderly parents. I know that you’re not traveling an easy road and it takes tremendous time and energy to care for an aging parent; and recognize that caregivers such as yourself need care too. I prayed for you and your family; and, I know that God is able to heal the broken hearted. Also, I wanted to share some information that I came across while at Focus on the Family that might help you navigate this type of situation. talks when the right time has come to move an aging loved one to a nursing home. I sincerely hope this helps God bless!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter