Follow

Hello everyone in the caregiving world. I am trying something new with my sister and am actually looking forward to it. I have made my Mother her appointment for her annual physical and oops I made it on a day that I will not be available. I made sure it was on her day off - I am not totally insensitive. I will be giving her almost a months notice that it is her turn to listen to Mom complain about her physical symptoms and ask to get her drivers license back. I am sick of it. I am very curious as to how it will go - will keep you posted.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Blannie is right they dont know how hard it is as they dont want to know!

The last 4yrs my sis has been treating me like a hired help and now its payback!
She has NEVER in 4yrs helped me financially or emotionally even told me one day my hair was a mess?? anywhoo NOW that mums diagnosis is final she insists on paying for MY hotel room when she goes to the city with mum and wants me to come WHY????????? because she cant cope with mum on her own and wants me around so she can piss off and look at shops! Am on to her along time ago and a night in a hotel aint going to cut it with me and will never make up for the 4yrs of hell they put me through!
She seems worried now GOSH a whole day and night with mum? Will keep you posted as she aint going to spend THAT much time with mum.

Anyone want to make a bet now?
"sisters sisters la la la la sisters" oh you know the cheesy song! LOL
(2)

Love your thinking :)
(0)

Hadenough - I doubt it will make your sister more empathetic. It might make a difference if she did it for a week or two, but one day/one appointment does not make a caregiver. She'll go home and forget all about it is my guess.
(0)

Thanks all for commenting. I love the suggestion about making it the last minute. After all that is what our lives as caregivers are, our lives are put on hold while we take care of everything for them. I just want her to take a little medicine - my sister that is - do you think that will make her more empathetic?
(0)

Blannie ive been kissing frogs for the last 34yrs even married one but he turned into a major "TOAD" trust me my ideal guy will just appear and ill know!!! LOL
(2)

Kazaa, just watch out for frogs...don't try kissing any until you're SURE they're going to turn into the handsome prince. :)
(0)

My sis rang tonight mums getting her hearing aids tomorrow. I told her if mum dosnt wear these im going to crack up, she laughed? I slammed the phone down,she rang back and asked why i did that? I told her NEVER to laugh when I say im going to crack up because im not being funny she went quiet and asked to speak to mum then continued to talk to mum about her life the new resto she went to what her plans for wkend were? CINDERELLA came to my mind but wheres my fairy tale ending?
(1)

Hadenough I think youve given her too much notice I would have had a breakdown just before her day off and said youve no choice you have to do it im ill!
My neighbour keeps telling me to fake a breakdown? siblings continue as they are it wont be "fake".
(1)

Good luck with this! You are evil, hahaha...I copy some of the horror stories from this site and send them to my big brother, since he's a worrywart about getting old. He doesn't help with mom, so has no idea what getting old is like. So I want him to hear what may be in store. I'm evil too. :)
(0)

It would not matter if it was a year's notice. She will still back out after telling me "of course I can - she is my Mother also." We will see...
(0)

Oh, teehee. You're evil. :) I am wondering if a month is enough time to find some reason to back out of it.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter