Follow

Thanks for the idea, Garden Artist, Gladimhere, Hope

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
A little late Send but here ya go! :)
(2)

I imagine MsMadge is taking her candy to her mother's nursing home and you would have to fight the Viking for it.
(1)

I think, GA, the only place to go trick-or-treating for See's Candies is MsMadge's house.
(0)

Send, it's one of my favorite photos of my morning glories. I didn't even realize that the center glory could be an "eye", but, no, it's not an evil or petrified eye, it's a very happy eye!

Speaking of Halloween decorations, there are a few new stunning decorations this year. One neighbor always has some unique geometric Christmas decorations, but this year he's started at Halloween with a giant spider web anchored in the ground and climbing all the way to above the roof line. The spider is roughly 1 foot in diameter.

Another home has at least half a dozen of those blow-up monsters, one probably 10 feet tall. The yard looks like something from a monster movie graveyards.

By the way, tell me where to go to get See's Candies- they're just so good!
(1)

Pumpkin Carving Avatars for caregiver fun project.

GardenArtist,
I just love the eye in the little morning glory, it is from 3 years ago also-is it a petrified scary eye? Nice!
(0)

Hey Gershun! Your new avatar is so very cute, unique too!

PLEASE POST IF ON THIS THREAD TO BE SEEN BY ALL.
(0)

I've just been lurking on another forum where they were discussing Halloween traditions in their neighbourhoods; people have outdoor block parties, pot lucks, and sit out on their front steps watching the fun and sharing mulled cider and wine. I'm beginning to understand the big appeal the holiday has in some places. Here we check the forecast to see if the kids can get away without wearing a snowsuit under their costumes and keep a sweater by the door so we don't get a chill while opening up for trick-or-treaters.
(1)

MsMadge,
Will you be handing out See's candies at the Hoca?
(0)

Stacey,
Looking back on this thread....
Some punkins are a repeat, and that's okay!
Yours is great!  This is the 3rd year.  A marker of how time just flies by!
(0)

This Jacko-Lantern was carved by my Son and his wife and couple of years ago, and it was so Cool, so detail oriented, just like him! It had fish in it and light up and everything! Lol! Proud of my talented boy!
(1)

Send, the burritos come in the Meals on Wheels menus, all of which have to be pureed. I can usually scrape a small amount out of the thick wrapping, but basically they're not enough even for a small snack.
(1)

Cwillie - that's cute! My FIL is the cookie monster here. Even if he swears he's not hungry, he'll accept a cookie or two. ;)
(1)

Hoo, me?
Dessert is good Cwillie. But I have recently discovered 99¢ burritos in the refrigerator case at the store. Makes a quick, or quicker than quick meal, for those times when one just can't...or when I eat alone.
GA, Don't try pureeing burritos at home, poor Dad!  They are not all that good even, but sometimes when we get busy, who has time to eat?
(1)

I heard a lot of banging last night. Send, was that you, haunting me??

All my pumpkins are on my old computer; I'd have to get it out, search the art work, and find a pumpkin. I think I'll be lazy instead and just puree some food for Dad.
(2)

I'm the cookie monster at my house... well, I'll take any kind of dessert, it doesn't have to be cookies!
My Saturday is cold and wet, but no snow yet (thank goodness)
(2)

Hey, Cwillie!
Is that the Cookie Monster hiding?
Cute!

What does your Saturday look like?
(1)

Anybody there?
(2)

Ooo, pumpkin carving!!! I love fall!!!! Great idea, I'll do this with FIL...
(3)

Pumpkin Carving Avatars for caregiver fun......

Here is just one pumpkin avatar. You all know that I will change mine often.

Going to find my broom now.......ha ha ha.....makes creepy sound of a screech owl.
(1)

This thread can be reached by simple entering "Pumpkin carving" into the search bar.

On October 29-31st., please post here so your avatar will show up collectively on this party posting!
(0)

Maybe I will be a clown this year too! There's got to be clowns...bring in the clowns.
(0)

Exported.
(0)

If there aren't any left, we can always make more. I bought some pumpkin scones at a grocery store but they didn't taste different than ordinary scones. Maybe someone forgot the pumpkins. I love fresh scones.

As to scary stories, I'm not sure I could compete with the scary stories being posted daily about the political shenanigans! No ghosties running around in sheets, but some of the characters are more scary than the most malevolent ghosts.

Some years ago a correspondent friend said she made ghosts of red sheets for Halloween. When asked why the sheets were red, she said they were "ghosts of Russian Communism past." That was just after the USSR had devolved or evolved, depending on interpretation, into a different governmental configuration.

I've been mulling over creating a ghost with floppy orange hair but I'm afraid I might be reported and disappear from the face of the earth.
(1)

What a good idea GA!
Was I supposed to save some scones? Will there be any left? Yum, they do look good. I think the difference between scones and biscuits is in the scone recipe, adding sugar, but not all that expensive to make, vs. $2.50 + at designer coffee stores. Asking someone who bakes might help.
So happy to see you here.
Was thinking we could also tell some scary stories, some are real happenings as of late.

So, everyone, get your pumpkin on, you are welcome here!
(0)

Send, is your current avatar of tempting biscuits for a carving gathering? I think that's a great idea! We can have a cyber gathering, carving our pumpkins and enjoying cider and biscuits.
(1)

Hello all. Whirledtravel said something about necro-posting, how's this?

AGINGSCARE 2017 has just opened.

Bring your pumpkin avatars, caregivers!
(2)

Happy Birthday!
(1)

If you are happy (that halloween is over) and you know it .........
(2)

Remembering last year-Glad posted late, and we had to ask what that was too!

Love you all!
(2)

Trump's head and hair! LOL!
(3)

1 2 3 4 5
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter