Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Kittkattz, the facilities are there to help us grown children give our parent that extra level of care when we cannot be working 3-shifts of care. And it gives us time for us to get back to the workforce so that we can have our own retirement fund.

It's my understanding that Hospice will take care of a patient no matter where they are, at home or in a continuing care facility.

As I had mentioned earlier on in the above post, majority of grown children do not get paid unless their parent can pay them from their own retirement funds. Consider yourself fortunate that in your State you were able to be paid by the State government.
(0)

I now live in North Carolina. My parents went to visit my sister in NC last August and my Mother fell ill found herself in the hospital. The whole family was called in anticipating Mom's death. However, we were luck, she pulled through after spending about 3 1/2 months in the hospital and rehab care. My father is bound to a wheel chair and my Mother had been his caregiver, but since the incident has not been able to help him. Toward the end of September, I took a leave of absence from my job (FMLA) to go from Georgia to live with my sister to take care of my parents. During December I had to resign from my job to continue to care for my parents. Are there any programs that will help me to offset the costs associated with this situation?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter