Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
1 2 3
Worried,

I thought for a very brief minute to by another freezer and then I thought--nope not going there! Both my freezers are full with meat and my mothers T.V. dinners that she can get when I make something she doesn't like. I have plenty of canned goods!

NHWM,
My sig other always eats the leftovers when he gets out of work at 9 a.m.! Whatever he doesn't eat then I make it into something else, sometimes it's good and other times it's well...okay!

I love soup and salads, but I like big meals to, so, I do some light meals and some heavy meals depending on what I am in the mood for! Just think how much money you save!

Cwilly, Can I freeze half & half?
(2)

Book,

Oh my gosh! Tang! The memories...

Geeeez, I only wanted to drink it because the astronauts drank it! I so wanted to be an astronaut.

I used to sit in my grandpa’s recliner with my legs stretched out along the backside of the chair reaching up towards space! I was pretending that I was in a spaceship.

Hahaha, then I would find all of my grandpa’s change that fell out of his pockets! He would let me keep it.

That was big money back then. I would buy the ‘penny’ candy, bubble gum, wax lips, those little bottles filled with colored liquids, tootsie rolls, etc.
(2)

NeedHelp, they didn't have the oreo cookies with strawberry cream that I've been craving. So I went to check if they have the Nestea Ice Tea mix. Nope. I ended up buying Tang. It's going to be my go-to for any 'sweet' cravings. These things sure do bring up memories, doesn't it? =)
(1)

Book—freezing chocolate milk is genius! I am gonna try that for the kids. During my Costco run, my son our chocolate syrup in the cart and i thought why the hell not? And being that it was Costco, it was a pack of 2 large bottles of hersheys syrup! Then I got a gallon of milk that expired on the 31st.....now is not the time to be wasteful! And yes this will be a learning lesson for sure. I saw a brilliant suggestion on Facebook earlier to give each kid a small basket or box and every night you put their snacks for the day in the box. When it’s gone, it’s gone. If they want to eat it all at once, so be it. I am going to have to do that. We don’t have any baby carrots, celery or peanut butter unfortunately. I could really go for a PB&J sandwich too :(
I shoulda got a big jar of skippy at Costco. My hubby is off work tomorrow so I might go back on my word and go to Safeway tomorrow. I need my coffee creamer (their store brand Lucerne is the absolute best. Try it!! I love the Belgian chocolate toffee flavor) and have enough for 2-3 cups of coffee.

Is everyone else having trouble finding ANY paper products? No one here has toilet paper, Kleenex OR napkins! We have enough TP for at least 10 days and same with paper towels and napkins but I could use a box of Kleenex, I’ve been using napkins.

on the subject of price gouging. Same store that had the expensive chicken breasts....i bought a marinated tri tip, the store marinated it themselves and it was behind the butchers counter. It’s on the Traeger cooking now and I shocked!!! Shocked at the price! $9.99 a pound. That is what I pay per pound for prime rib at Costco! Is that normal for tri tip? I’ve honestly never paid attention to the price per pound, we always get a 2 pack at Costco and I think we pay $35-ish? This tri tip was 2.93lbs, nearly $30! Don’t know if this is price gouging or not.
(0)

Shell, I’m glad I’m not the only one who contemplated buying a freezer LOL!
(2)

1 2 3
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter