Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Prepared for retirement? Ha!
(2)

I thought I was fairly comfortably set, with SS and retirement savings. As I watch the cost of everything going up so high so fast, though, I don't know if I'll be able to afford to live in this new expensive world. I really need to earn so extra money.
(3)

Thank you cmagnum. I have no intention of passing, that would give my sibs exactly what they want. This has been a 3.5 year batyle with them and I have had just about enough. Tonight is strange, think I am reaching the point of resigning myself that sibs will never be the people I thought they were. Just all of this has been so terribly difficult. Caring for Mom and L has been the easy part. Maybe I have a rich uncle that I do not know about.
(3)

You take that back glad!! Don't even joke about passing before the folks. Take it back!
(2)

I hope this year is much better for you gladimhere! I hope you find the work you are looking for. Keep looking for solutions more than wishing you wold be one of those caergivers what passes before the parents do. Try to keep your hope alive. It is one thing to be in big trouble. It is another thing to give up the hope of finding some solution that will work although it might not be ideal. May you have a happier and more hopeful new year than last year!
(1)

I am in big trouble! Looking for work. Hope I can get something that pays decently possibly in government that will give me the option to buy some additional years of service for retirement benefits increase. I have no idea what that looks like. And it is not just the years of care for two, but have had my own personal perfect storm this year. Legal battle with sibs, house fire, loss of closest friend... This year has to be much better. Right? Maybe I will hit on lotto. Who the heck knows. Extremely stressful and frightening. Or, maybe I will be one of those caregivers that passes before folks do.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter