Follow

It’s not really a question. I want to say that I have been watching the soap opera called General Hospital. I am extremely pleased that they are focusing on a Dad/patient who has Alzheimer’s and Max Gayle, from the "Barney Miller" TV show, who’s playing the part. The storyline is very accurate between a caregiver and a patient with Alzheimer’s. This clip of General Hospital is very touching … Get some tissues before you watch it. 
youtube/LB9vA2xwJ8c
youtu.be/2GVSk0Z9uQk

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Madtoe, that is good to know that another soap opera has a character dealing with Dementia/Alzheimer's. I believe more people, who are not in the trenches, would now know what caregivers are going through.

On "The Young and the Restless" the story line is of a widow of a wealthy family who has Alzheimer's and how her grown children and grown grandson are trying hard to keep her living at home. She occasionally thinks her grown son (55+) is her late husband. The widow believes her grown daughters are the hired help. So far the show has been keeping this story line going for the past few months with more to come.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter