Follow

Today I’m interviewing a facility to place my mom in. I know in my heart it’s the right thing to do but it’s still a very hard decision. If the interview goes well we will also be transferring my MIL down here to the same facility. We would love to have her here so we can see her much more often. I’d really appreciate your prayers. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Dear "Momsonlychild,"

Just was wondering how your mom's move to her new facility went yesterday. I know it's too soon to ask about other aspects but, I'm hoping all of you are feeling some relief and that she will adjust when being around others her age. I know the next step for you and your husband is bringing his mom down and moving her into the same facility which will be great for the both of you having them in the same facility and if I recall correctly, they will be nearby!
(0)

Great news. Hoping all do with with transitions to come
(1)

Mom's only, thanks for the update. What good news!
(0)

That is great news, MomsOnly!!
(0)

You’re very welcome. So glad that you found a place that you are satisfied with.
(0)

Thank y’all so much for the sweet words of encouragement, your advice and especially your prayers. I hated that I had to have a virtual tour but it was done in real time. Not some professional video. I had 2 pages of questions and the director answered them all very well. The others that I spoke to were kind and knowledgeable. Sooooooooo-Mom is moving in on Friday, 11-13 and we will bring my MIL down in about 2 weeks. It’s definitely an emotional time for me. I know I just have to take a deep breath and do it. What I liked about this place is they only charge a flat fee$4500 that includes everything(minus meds and Depends & personal items. The price doesn’t go up if their level of care increases. They even provide all sheets and towels. I’ll take pictures when I can. I cannot thank you enough for the support! God’a peace & blessings to all. 💗💗✝️💗💗
(5)

How did the interviewing go for you? Thinking of you.
(2)

prayers coming your way
(1)

Prayers sent and a hug too! Best wishes to you and your family.
(1)

May God’s STRENGTH guide you in making decisions that are best for your loved ones and may His GRACE give you peace.  Prayers 🙏
(2)

Good luck & many positives thoughts. Hope today goes well and this is THE place for your mother & MIL :)
(2)

Dear "Momsonlychild,"

Since I know from my own experience as an only child and having to do what you're doing back in 2015, I went to 8 different places before placing my mom. My husband came to the majority of them with me and others I went on my own while he was at work. I know I had been very disappointed with many of them for one reason or another. The two in which I narrowed it down to, I took her and one of her friends with me so she would feel involved and not whisked away to some strange place without any knowledge. And with COVID I moved her into a 9th place this May where I couldn't even go inside. I went to their website's virtual tour and looked at a map of the floorplans to find where the five available rooms were in their memory care wing. As soon as I picked out the floorplan, we drove down there and went all around the building and picked the best spot which was being tucked in a corner away from the housing development behind the facility and one that had no apartment right next to her.

So my prayer for you today is that the place you are going to be interviewing with will be everything you want and need for your mom and potentially your MIL. I hope you have a list prepared to take with you of questions you want to ask. ALWAYS remember it is a business first. You will be meeting with probably a marketing director which sole purpose is to "sell" you on why you should choose them.

I am not trying to discourage you, I just want you to go in with your eyes wide open. Another thing, don't go overboard with showing emotions of excitement - look at it factually for what "it is." They study your reactions and responses much like a real estate agent. My husband and I learned this the hard way in both types of situations. We would wait until we left and were in the car before expressing any excitement.

May God guide you to making the right decision and also, follow your gut instinct. We especially as women are given that ability and we need to be sure to use it.

I hope you will come back and let us know how everything went!
(1)

Prayer went up.
(1)

You have my prayers!
(1)

Sending you all the positive thoughts and vibes I can. Am hoping this works for you. It is the right decision. Yes, it is so tough. Not everything can be made perfect. It just isn't a happy time, this long slow slide. You just have to do the best you can.
(2)

Of course. I pray every day for “those who suffer”. At this point that includes pretty much all of us. Hoping your experience is a positive one.
(2)

Praying that God will give you wisdom and discernment in making your decision about this facility. And His peace about it as well. God bless you.
(2)

Prayers today as you look out for both mom and MIL. May you have wisdom and discernment. Both of these seniors are blessed to have you
(4)

Pray for wisdom. In scripture it is one of the things God promises to give people every time they ask, to anyone who asks.

“If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.” - James 1:5

and

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” - Philippians 4:6-7

May you receive peace as you make wise decisions in their best interests.
(6)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter