My dad is in a nursing home (in the hospital right now) and I have my mom at home. Dad receives SS and a VA pension which is still not enought to cover his nursing home not to mention pay for mom's house and her needs. I was told by medicaid that with the pension he makes too much money. Where do I go from here? A lawyer? An advocate of some type?

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Please contact the VA, they should be able to help or at least direct you to someone who can.

VA Benefits: 1-800-827-1000

Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA)
Death Pension
Dependency Indemnity Compensation
Direct Deposit
Directions to VA Benefits Regional Offices
Disability Compensation
Disability Pension
Home Loan Guaranty
Life Insurance
Medical Care
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter