Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
i get a LOT of that . :)>
(5)

Go away Captain.
(1)

theres a reason why not even a judge can second guess a trained doctor -- because the judge dont know sht about medicine .
my mother was pronounced ' done for ' when hospice nurse simply took a listen to her digestive system and detected no activity . her organs were shutting down .
even if too often hospice entails a bunch of obnoxious split tails -- its still a very scientific process .
no one should have to experience ' terminal agitation ' because a family member has watched all those doctor shows and think they know something .
(4)

Tiger, I'm sorry for your loss.
(1)

Captain: My mother had strong vital signs, & would have been partially paralized MAYBE, cuz that Dr gave her the worst case scenario, & I told him she's a really good worker at all rehabs in the past. You aren't correct that they didn't actively kill her. She was given no hope: on purpose, & probably as intimated as I was. We were definitely rushed to agree to give up.
(2)

That's bullsh*t Barb.
(0)

providing comfort during the dying process ( imo ) isnt the same as ' snuffing someone out ' .
would you give water and nutrition to your withering green bean plants at seasons end ?
it aint going to change the outcome .
(11)

Tiger, I'm so sorry for your loss!

Many folks, when they are actively dying, are not really "of this world". When my mom went on hospice, she seemed to withdraw. My SIL, concerned that mom was not responding to us, asked her nurse what was going on. "She's travelling", the nurse said softly.

Hollywood shows us deathbeds that are sanitized and choreographed. Real death is not like that.

Yes, it's hard to hear the gurgling. I'm sorry that your mom had a difficult death. But no one killed her. Please be comforted by your good memories. ((((Hugs))))).
(12)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter