Follow

Meny elderly people that move to a new caretaking environment have difficulties to find their way around. In the Netherlands, a new idea has emerged where patients with Alzheimer disease can recognize their living quarters by sticking a lifesize sticker of their own (old) front entrance door to their new living quarters door. This also gives the patient a sense of being more at home. I wonder if this is also already in use in the USA. Marc Pors The Netherlands

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Awesome idea !!

When I was on tour of a nearby nursing home it reminded me of a hotel and I was thinking how in the world do those with memory issues find their room door.... there were name plates next to the door frame but the print was small, and I would see an occasional door wreath.
(0)

Vinyl door graphics! My husband would want a picture of his garage on the wall with tool chests in the background and a Harley in the foreground. My brother in law would want a wall graphic of his boat at the dock. Captain would want his favorite stone mansion there. Give me a picture of Raccoons in a tree.
(1)

' interesting ' as in freakin brilliant . its recently became obvious to me that medicine is being assisted by date think tanks . to me , that means that all of our lowly experiences and input is being analyzed by computers in these data centers . it makes me optomistic about the future of medicine .
i can give an example of information flowing upward . for years ive told people online that a hard drinker gets relief from swollen and inflamed liver discomfort in 4 months after abstaining . interestingly enough this is now the number of months that govt / medicine acknoleges . data analasys is causing us to educate each other as a society .
spell check on this pc may as well stfu . im too old to care about improving my spelling ..
(0)

That's interesting, Marc. This is the first time I've heard of it.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter