Follow

Today is why I joined. Days like this. So, here goes...
Hot flashes kept me up last nightand still being hit with them. My back hurts and my legs are numbish. My gramaw did something with the bacon and cheese. Dont know what was in her breathing treatment but not her meds and I can not find them either. My husband dumped the laundry basket out on the ramp outside and it rained. I have to go finish moving my gramaws stuff and clean her old place today. And it is raining. Her dog peed the floor. My dishes multiplied over night. I have a good two basketfulls of ironing piled up. My husband , at 12, is still in bed cause he's depressed cause he can not work due to rain and we are broke. My son came in here aboutv10 minutes ago and got mom? Out of his mouth and I just threw a hand up and said, got nothing left right now. Pretend someone had a gun to your head and said, solve this problem or I shoot. He seems to be figuring things out. Uh-k. That should get me through. My insides aren't quivering now anyways.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
And Merry Christmas.
(1)

Oh Thanks ypiffani !
Everythings much better. It's a normal crazy day. Breathing machine blowing the tube off so I am having to hook it to her oxygen bottle and hold it on. The oxygen man will come in the morning. She had a breathing episode today that scared me but she is better now. I broke her coffee pot today so she keeps calling me to tell me she can not find it...
(0)

down here they are called City Hall, also look up Adult Care or Adult Protective Services in the phone book there SHOULD be a section for that in there, we have them anyway. Adult Day Care also, GREAT OPTION for when you just need to go do for you. they'll sit or they'll have a driver come pick up grandma and take her to their center for time with her peeps!!! hugs to you this Christmas day.
(0)

We all have days we feel overwhelmed. My Mom is the one that tells me I put too much on myself. I've got a touch of OCD and like things clean, tidy and organized. I am going on the 2 year mark and have learned, the hard way, to prioritize, and just let some things go. The good news is...we have this site to vent on. Lord, it's a great family we have here.Sometimes all we need to hear is..."I understand how you feel." Do something nice (aka/sexy) for hubby tonight. It will do you BOTH good! ;)
(2)

@ Bonichak,
The ironing is backed up because it found it's way to the bottem of the list all on its own...
I am with my son a lot. I am not only his mom but also his teacher. I think hubby might not be getting as much attention as usual though. I thought he would choke when I told him to make his own tea. But, after all, he is the only one who even drinks it. I need relax time with all of them. I have noticed it is very easy to attend to all gramaws needs without really spending time with her so I make it a point to just sit with her in the evenings and talk. Can not remember the last time me and husband did that.
(2)

I worked in the restaurant biz for 35 years. Some days I need to remind myself that MOM is my CUSTOMER and comes first. The "side work" must be prioritized, and the house doesn't need to be "company clean" all the time. Especially since we get very little company. You can only do what you can do. Try making a list in order of importance (ironing on the bottom) and then cross out the last 3 or 4 things. We just can not do it all. We are human. PS. Please put your husband and son at the top of the list. :)
(2)

@captain,
I like the way a smile makes me feel. Thanks :)
(0)

my clothes go from washer to dryer to one of two bins -- jeans, and " the other s**t " .
they dont even get folded.
no wonder your overwhelmed, no offense intended but some of your energies might be misdirected.
excuse me while i go do some weed eating ( when hell freezes over )
(3)

I googled County hall and County Rails. I honestly dont know what they are. I have Hospice for over two years now. I did have Senior citizens but after two hours and fifteen minutes of dealing with the new stuffl still did it wrong so I no longer have their help. It is o.k. though. Just a bad day. I don't have to be back at school till the 6th. I am a volunteer teacher and p.e. coach at our churches homeschool. I am with my son all day tue. Wed. And thur. I will be working on some signs but they can be done here. This will put mine and husbands mind at ease cause we need the cash.and tomorrow I will be done with her old place.
(0)

1healthyangel, I hope you are feeling better tonight. Some days I get so wound inside that I want to scream and growl and throw things. And those are the good days. :) This is the hardest job a person could ever have, especially the emotional part. I hope you have someone to give you a nice back massage after going through all the papers today. That is really tiring, and filtering out the history is harder than we think it will be. When I went through my dad's papers, I felt so disrespectful, but it had to be done. I had to remind myself that it was only paper. I wasn't throwing him away.

I am glad you are there for your grandmother. She is so lucky to have you in her corner.
(2)

@ypiffani,
I used to love ironing. And like you, I now hate it. Everyone else can wash and dry and have wrinkle free clothes but not
me. :D
(1)

oh, yah .. ironing, "You want that ironed? Here's the iron and the board .. have at it." You have so much more on your plate that has higher priority. I'm on the same 'unload train.' And hopping aboard the call county rails........ This is just the beginning, and you'll NEED the help. Start looking for it now. For your gramaw AND for you. *hugs*
(1)

Well..What is county hall? What kind of help.
(0)

You have angel wings for taking care of grandma, now call the county hall and get some help.
(1)

you still Iron? seriously? I used to find it cathartic but now.. nope, fight a different battle I say. You're a true goddess if you are still doing it though. When my Mom died it was a huge hug to give her stuff to a charity, even if I had to wash it before hand. I loved knowing 1. it would have pissed her off that I didn't sell it. 2. I had given someone a chance to wear really expensive clothes for cheap!! .... Blessings to you dear!
(2)

Thank yall.
I have had a bad day. I had to go through all her stuff. You have to look in every insignificant envelope or whole cause she hides stuff. Seeing all the horded garbage just really
brings her mental decline full in my face. And so now, I am
finaly crying. Must of needed to say that. I threw away a
hugepile of her stuff. Nothing she needs but still... And I
found a Mothers day card from my mama to my gramaw that
said Happy Mothers day mama. I love you so much. I wish
my kids loved me as much a you are loved. Hog wash. I was hateful to my husband too. I made it right and he understands but I still feel bad. My son came in here ajd I was crying so now I have to reassure him I am alright. I have fretted all day over a post I read about Medicare. My gramaw is really my mama. She always nurtured and tried to protect me from my mama. And when she got sick I tried to protect her from my mama. Now, right now, I just really, really want my gramaw back. It's just been a rotten day full of the truth.
(4)

At least you still have a sense of humor!!! That will get you thru some of the worst times.... hang in there and come back and we'll tell you we understand and you are not alone... sending you cyber hugs..
(3)

Breathe in deeply, let it out slowly. Repeat. Repeat.

Sorry about your day, and even sorrier that there will be more days like this on your journey. I'm glad you found this forum. Vent away!
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter