Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
FF,

That would bother me too. I just had labs done. Everything was wiped down between each patient.

Same for door handles. We can’t even use the touch screen computers to check in like before. Now, employees are signing everyone in.

I shop at Whole Foods. They do a good job with social distancing and sanitizing the store.

We have had certain stores that have periodically closed to be completely sanitized because employees were infected with COVID-19.

Awhile back when we stayed in a hotel for a hurricane evacuation they had a television on showing how they sanitized their property.

I have to say that hotel was spotless!
(2)

The rate is upticking here in Virginia, mainly in the southern part. In northern Virginia the majority tend to take this pandemic seriously. Rarely do I see anyone without a mask.

What did irk me was the other day I went to a medical lab for a blood test for an upcoming physical. While sitting in the lobby, I noticed the Staff wasn't wiping down anything. Maybe it was because the place was busy, who knows. On their TV, the company advertisement was showing how they clean down the lobby, the door knobs, just about everything. I must have seen a dozen of people touching the exit door handle going out. I backed out the door without my hands touching it.

After that, we went to the grocery store to pick up items that aren't part of the usual curbside pickup that we use. Good grief, I felt SAFER in the grocery store than in that lab !!
(2)

Martz,

I think more places are going to recommend curfews before too long.

Gacy,

Are you surprised by the packed airlines? I am.
(2)

Can’tDance,

So sorry to hear about your friends. I hope they make a full recovery as soon as possible.
(1)

In my county, reported cases (but not deaths) are increasing. In the past 2 weeks, 2 friends of mine tested positive.
(2)

Cases surging all across US. Over 11,000 in OH. Sadly, none of the restrictions, advisories or mandates can be enforced. Local county has "stay at home order" but airport is packed! Positivity rate from under 4 to now 8%. Testing sites have long backups. Vaccines coming soon but no one has mentioned side effects.
(2)

Our area is recommending a voluntary curfew from 10pm-5am however they say it is not enforced. Hospital cases are rising.
(2)

Bridger,

Wow, Only your husband and son, that’s interesting.

So, what happens if a person can’t afford those drugs? GoFundMe pages?

I would hate to see people who need those drugs not being able to get them.
(0)

Mid,

We will all be glad when it does pass!

Glad your area isn’t surging.
(1)

cwille,

Glad you are COVID free. Our cases seem to be going up.

Our governor asked us to scale back on entertaining others during Thanksgiving and Christmas.

New Orleans opened up their bars awhile back and cases went up.

Who knows if another lockdown will happen but so far he is trying to keep things open with stipulations in place.
(1)

I’m rural eastern Ohio. My husband and son are the only local cases. My husband brought it back from Wisconsin. Our governor is fairly proactive. We have a mask mandate in our county.

For those who talk about Regeneron. It is a good drug approved for emergency use. But it is not readily available - only at larger hospitals. And expensive. Like remdesivir It is not covered by health insurance. I was ready to transfer my son to Ohio State medical center, but he started recovering.
(3)

I wouldn't say surging, but higher daily. This is to be expected--we simply cannot lock down the whole world. Yes, there will be deaths and that is sad, to think of losing even one person to this disease.

BUT--people, being people, are innately a little (or a lot) selfish and are tired of being told what to do.

Honestly, nobody really KNOWS what to do--but masking and frequent handwashing and social distancing won't hurt. This too shall pass.
(3)

Is there anywhere in NA cases aren't rising? Toronto just went back into lockdown and from what I'm seeing in the news Calgary and Edmonton should too. My little corner of the world is currently covid free but because there have been a couple of outbreaks in my region we are in the orange zone, the way people locally are behaving in their private gatherings it would spread like wildfire if/when it comes knocking.
(3)

I agree. It’s a pandemic, a health issue.

Hope things look brighter in NY before too long, Barb.

Your area has been hit hard.
(2)

I am hoping that our residents will comply with the governor’s new restrictions.

We now have a modified Phase 2 plan.

A major concern is not having enough hospital beds.
(2)

Surging here too in certain areas. Our governor was on TV earlier, pointing out that CDC and State guidance on travel, masks and social distancing were pretty much the same. CDC of a Republican Administration, State government is mostly Democrats; pointed out that this ISN'T a matter of politics, it's a matter of life and death.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter