Follow

https://www.medscape.com/s/viewarticle/recurrent-utis-find-long-term-ally-oral-vaccine-2024a10006lc?ecd=wnl_sci_tech_240410_MSCPEDIT_etid6432910&uac=121545CN&impID=6432910

Hopefully, this will be a useful tool in the future. We see progress happening all the time.

My favorite are the robots. I feel like we will see them being utilized more and more.

I recently read an article on robotic surgery. Doctors love them and take full advantage of using them.
(0)

They say this is a small study but that this stopped four different bacteria from causing UTIs an average of 50-some months. The problem is it is a small study. But this is apparently a good tasting spray. Boy, if this becomes a thing I would say it's a GREAT thing. A problem for so many, esp for women.
(4)

It jumped out at me from my regular Medscape subscription.

A couple of days ago, my ex's 95 yo mom had an attack of hysterics or something at her Independent Living facility. I asked if she'd been tested for a UTI.

Long story story short, she did!
(2)

Wow. Wouldn't THAT be something.
Given that e-coli accounts for the larger portion of UTIs I am guessing they are working on that single bacteria. Hard for me to imagine them using this for UTI and not having it affect the gut genome.
Will access and read, and thanks, Barb.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter