Follow

Stopped my life to care for mother. Mom fell and became quadriplegic. Oldest brother and I wanted to care for her at home. Guess I did a good job oversaw hiring and supervision of caregivers. This was from December 2001 - March 2010. I want to make this point I worked the first three years for free. The estate paid my cost. I left for one year. Mainly to take a job for insurance. I was called back when my brother fired my replacement. Well mother passed March 2010. I had a difficult time with the economy still in the tank finding a job. Moms estate was left nearly bankrupt before a half interest in a 3000 acre ranch with producing wells. My middle brother kept his job as a flight attendant. Oldest kept his ability to be a petroleum land man. I was paid 26000 a year the second half of my care for Mother. None of this is law but plenty of caregivers are giving of their lives and being ripped off by family. When the estate was settled my cost was not divided between us three. I not only did I give I gave up any inheritance. My advise is to negotiate first.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
The mineral rights of that acreage should now be in the names of the three children; provided they were in your mother's name. As long as those wells are producing you should be receiving something!
(0)

Call me evil, but I had my father sign a Will leaving everything to his third wife. It was worth every penny lost to see the shock on my sisters faces.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter