Follow

I offer that our free will enables the Godly discernment whence prayer's the experimentation of God duly perceived. Hence the former in MEANINGFUL KNOWLEDGE what the latter's WISDOM PURPOSELY tries.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Very interesting post. Not that I get what it’s about but here’s my thought...

To each his/her own! Live and let live.

People don’t convince anyone else to be a believer. I don’t even want to do so. I feel we should respect each other. I don’t like someone cramming something down my throat so I don’t feel comfortable telling them what to believe or not believe.
(0)

My dad was atheist. He asked why I believed. I told him. When he died of cancer, too many signs appeared when he left us. He Changed His Mind! :) One way or the other... too many signals. I asked my brother if he felt dad around him. He said he heard him call his name loud and clear.
It is all good, just be nice, spiritual, loving, and caring. He was all of these.
In the bible, the more I scan through it, the one main word that I focus on or see mostly is: FORGIVE

Someone is telling me to FORGIVE. I really am trying. Let go Let God.
To honestly forgive, is honestly hard. I do ask and pray this. Please forgive me.
(1)

What is the question?
(2)

DyingDad, I am with Chris. I am your fan.
(0)

Wow, Dyingdad! You're amazing. Thank you for your totally awesome response. I am now following you. You inspire.

i AM Christian but rather in whose image we've been created, I believe we -- as a collective humanity -- have get to consciously create a God from whom all of us wanna come in the first place. Hence we Omegatize to this end, our destined singularity, which basically retroactively big-bangs us @ Alpha.

Thank you again for your wonderful thoughts.
(1)

Thank you for your very thoughtful response, Dyingdad. How are you doing, kind sir?

Moreover, are you contemplatively invoking what our cosmos clearly indicates as a far bigger picture awaiting us once our GROUNDING is finally ONE with LIGHT? And are you religious too? I am.

Wishing you the very best; and prayers too, if you'd like them.
(2)

Still sustaining relativist grounding -- whatever the means, but mine's more meaningful in accumulative knowledge -- whence wisdom's reach to mitigate burnout finds solace in the purposeful comprehension destined to become absolutely one with light.

Particle/wave duality if you will. And prayerful awareness of that kind of entanglement. A granularity of meaning literally shaping a consciousness that basically expands the universe.
(0)

Chris- I'm thinking that some people might read your posting (myself included) and find it rather cryptic as discussion topics go. You have received some really nice responses below but I doubt that any of us quite know what is behind your obfuscated message. If interested in continuing in the discussion you started, please think of a way of elaborating on your idea so that others can better relate, understand, and respond. (Just take it down a couple of clicks -few of us are theologians.)

If you are going through a tough time right now, be assured that people on this forum, particularly the ones who responded, are supportive and interested.

There is merit to examining the spiritual side of caregiving, just as we often examine the physical, social, and emotional challenges we deal with on a day-to-day basis. I'm glad you brought it up as a topic. Peace.
(3)

I'm with Margaret McKen. I have no idea what you're talking about.

But if it makes you feel better, go for it, but recognize that each individual has the right to choose whether or not religion will play a part in his/her life.  And I agree with AlvaDeer's first post.   I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is, to whom it applies, and the intent.

I assume you're trying to convey something positive, and respect that and hope that you yourself benefit from your own advice, and that it brings you comfort.
(2)

Midkid, I think you are "blessed" and lucky in having a faith that comforts you. 33 years ago I was diagnosed with a very aggressive breast cancer, positive in two nodes. I made my decisions and got my house in order. Chose mastectomy, and chemo and refused radiation.
My lack of faith is for me not a choice. I quite simply, in 78 years, ever for a second believed. I love churches and the poetic texts of books of faith. Have visited them in their exquisite beauty, love the history they have protected all over the world. But just don't believe.
You and I both had cancer. No one prayed for me, nor I for myself; as a nurse I have seen thousands of survivors throughout a long career and 1,000s who did not make it. I am 33 years out from the cancer now. I feel very lucky. I don't attribute my healing to anything BUT luck.
I think those who have a faith that is a comfort to them are very lucky. I suspect belief is no more "free choice" than a lack of it. You either believe, or you do not. To me what is magical thinking, to you is faith. We live under a marvelous big tent with many faiths, and with many with no faith at all. The tree leaves blossom, they bud, they shelter, the wither and fall to nourish new life. Or, world without end, Amen.
Interestingly Amen was not created as the end of prayers. It began as a Hebrew word that sealed a bargain, much as a handshake. So much fascinating out here in this big world, isn't there?
I remember following your posts and healing journey, Midkid. May you stay well, and as my Kaiser says "THRIVE
(3)

As a firm 'woman of faith' I have seen the beauty and power of prayer far too many times to discount it as being without value.

When I had cancer last year, I asked my religious congregation to fast and pray for me one particular Sunday. I was towards the end of my chemo and so very, very sick. DH was frozen in place, unable to even talk to me, or be with me the way I needed him to be.

Hundreds of prayers were offered up that Sunday on my behalf and I FELT them--it was like standing in a warm river, just lifting and bearing me upwards. It was the spiritual boost I needed to push through the last weeks of chemotherapy.

Yes--when you pray, you must surrender a certain part of your 'humanness' and lean into the faith of prayer.

Do all my prayers come out the way I want them? Nope, but all of them are answered--Yes, No, Not now, or sorry, not in this life. Accepting the answers and the greater power that is God with grace and dignity and gratitude are among life's most tender teaching moments.
(5)

I don’t understand what you are saying. I think that prayer can make you feel good in more than one way – it’s calming, can make you feel that you are doing something worthwhile, and/or reinforce your religious beliefs. You need to understand it in your own way, if you wish to pray.
(1)

Even as an atheist I find this "mystical".
At 78 I have never thought for a moment that prayer does help anything. However, I have read so many religious texts and I find some of the words so often exceptionally poetic, beautiful, and comforting.
I am curious, Chris? How did you decide to post this under "burnout?" and not in Discussions.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter