Follow
Read More
Golden, Are the fires (in the west ) out by you ? We have a smoky haze and air( bad) quality alert by me from the fires in Quebec .
(2)

Need, (((hugs))).
Get the hospital social worker to talk to your brother.
(5)

Oh n\Need. I am so sorry you are feeling such stress. Yes, a dysfun fam messes us up in more ways than one.

You can't possibly be solely responsible for your bro's care after hospital. There are facilities and Medicaid if needed. Is your dh a support for this?

Being as objective as possible is good. You can do this!

Please not too much coffee - the caffeine only raises anxiety. But be sure to keep well hydrated and have some food even if you cannot eat very much. Maybe something liquid and nourishing.

Deep breaths, need. I agree with Barb that contacting your therapist is a good idea, As Send says, we are with you

Sending love and prayers. Keep us updated!
(5)

Need,
Godspeed and traveling mercies.
Prayers for your brother.

Maybe see the hospital social worker or discharge nurse while you are there.
Not knowing is the stress that can take you down.

With a dysfunctional family, maybe starting with "We cannot possibly care for him at home" will help the hospital to find care for him, a direction to go in.

Go easy on the coffee, check out the cafeteria today.

Some deep breaths, take the forum with you. We are listening....
(7)

Nhwm, please consider giving your therapist a call today.
(6)

I’m procrastinating in going to the hospital and making another cup of coffee.

Growing up in a dysfunctional household can really screw up our emotional well being in times of distress, can’t it?

This is how I get when I am upset, drinking coffee, not eating when I am stressed. Just sinking a bit into depression and anxiety because memories come back to haunt me.
(12)

I don’t know where to begin. I’m concerned about my brother. He and his wife divorced many years ago. He lives alone and is not dating anyone.

He is 65 and dealing with numerous medical issues. Even though we were close growing up he doesn’t share his feelings easily.

He is scheduled for surgery today. Other procedures and surgeries will be following.

My mind is going in different directions and I am consulting with my older brother about what needs to be addressed.

My older brother is not able to be with me at the hospital because of his own health issues.

I feel awkward about speaking with my brother about future care, yet I feel that it’s important. I love him but I do not want to be solely responsible for his care after he is released from the hospital.

I will do what I can to help arrange care for him. I have a feeling it will be a bit awkward, somewhat complicated and stressful. He is struggling financially.

I fear becoming overly involved because of his needs. I am hoping to look at this situation as objectively as possible.

His situation is very serious and I don’t know if he has any final arrangements made. I don’t think that he does. He hasn’t ever said anything to me about the topic.

Thanks for listening to me vent. My stomach is in knots and I am doing my best to remain calm. I appreciate everyone’s support, kindness and prayers.

I will try to update later. I’m struggling with anxiety right now.
(11)

Need, prayers for your brother, his care team and you.
(4)

Aw, Need, so sorry!

((((Hugs)))).
(5)

Need: Hope your brother is okay. Prayers.
(4)

Need: Our son in law has a great appetite.
(1)

NHWM, you are always here for so many so moving that forward for you. Hope you feel better in the morning. So much doesn't get easier but maybe sometimes we might feel stronger. It certainly is difficult when one is staring the affliction in the face. Wishing you strength and the help your brother needs.
(5)

((((Need))). No it doesn't get easier. Please be very kind and gentle to you tonight. Looking forward to hearing from you in the morning. Prayers!
(5)

Best wishes to you and your brother Need.
(6)

Just sat down in my car. Waiting a few minutes before I drive.

Thanks everyone. Sadly, my brother is in pain and has numerous issues.

I can’t really text right now. I’m too upset. I will go back in the morning. I’m exhausted.

This never gets any easier, does it?
(9)

NHWM- I really hope it's nothing serious.
(5)

Need hope your brother is OK.
(3)

Need, hope your brother is better soon.
(3)

Need, good wishes to your brother. You took a sweater, right?
(3)

Need - so story. Prayers for your bro and you. Keep us updated.
(3)

On my way to the hospital. My younger brother called. He’s in pain in the ER. Going to be with him to offer my support. He’s divorced, alone. Hope he’s okay.
(11)

It's soooo good and easy to make.
(3)

Haven’t tried that, Cat. I love beer cheese soup! Beer, just like wine can be incorporated into recipes.
(4)

Any adventurous bakers ever made Beer bread? I'm not really into baking but l love beer bread. 💕
(6)

cw,

Maybe I will try to reduce the sugar in my banana bread recipe, because the ripe bananas are sweet so, it probably will still be sweet enough.

I am not a sugar addict. I don’t put any sugar in my coffee or tea.

I started putting maple syrup in my oatmeal instead of sugar. I like it better. I only use one teaspoon of maple syrup. Sometimes I add peanut or almond butter as well for protein.
(4)

Thanks, Way

I am going to make zucchini bread soon. I think I will try the icing. I have only had it plain but I think it would be good iced.
(1)

Need and anyone else interested. I made the cinnamon zucchini bread , its very good. The optional cinnamon butter cream icing is also good except next time I will cut down the sugar, a little too sweet. Both recipes have a lot of sugar. I didn't think the bread would . It's more like cake but is tasty even without the icing. There are instructions for some ingredient substitutions to make make it less calories, i followed the original for this time.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/zucchini-bread/

https://www.food.com/recipe/cinnamon-buttercream-frosting-77534?ic1=suggestedAsset%7Ccinnamon%20buttercream
(3)

Back online again 🙄

NHWM - Your banana bread recipe is very similar to my muffin recipe and I use 1/2 cup sugar for that.
(5)

Llama,

I know your son in law looked forward to taking banana bread home with him. It is easy to make and delicious.

He must have been crazy about it to eat six pieces!
(3)

Golden,

Mom did allow us to have one or two small cookies after school with milk. We weren’t allowed to eat as many as we wanted because she said that it would spoil our appetite before dinner.

Oh, but she broke that rule with her grandchildren. Hahaha. My girls got lots of cookies! I suppose that is part of the joy of being a grandparent.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter