Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Geaton,
Oh I know they were on seat cushions . lol.
I was responding to cwillies post before mine . Having alittle fun with it . I was saying next year they could have them sitting on bum warmers on the bench and they are all daydreaming the entire sledding commercial from this year . Sort of like that old show Newhart when the last episode of the series reveals that the entire show was a dream .

Hothouse, I like to think the kids helped them .🤞🏻
(2)

I wonder how they get out of the sled.
(2)

Way, if you look closely in the commercial you'll see the lady is ordering "seat cushions" on Amazon, not bum warmers... so they don't bust their tushies on the way downhill.
(1)

cwillie,

Maybe they only go down the hill once or twice .
I figured the kids would drag their sleds back up to the top for them . 🤔🤷‍♀️🤪.

They have helmets on . But yeah falling off especially if going fast could still be an issue for elderly even though it doesn’t look very steep .

Every time I watch it I want to be with them !! 🥺😄 I loved sledding . I did a lot of that as a kid.

The bum warmer idea would make a cute commercial too ! They could sit on them and then all simultaneously dream they are sledding .

Maybe that will be next year . Next year’s commercial we would find out they were really on bum warmers and the sledding was all a dream !!
(3)

I actually dislike that commercial: a cushion isn't going to help anyone up to the top of that hill, my spine cringes thinking about the shock of going over bumps, and who will help them up from the sled at the bottom? Not to mention the very real possibility of falling off or crashing on the way down. In my world it would seem more welcome to be gifted heated bum warmers so they can watch from the bench with comfort.
(1)

Watched the game tonight. We lost to the Rams. Oh well…

30 - 22

I haven’t kept up with our old coach. I wonder how he is doing in Colorado with the Broncos. I only watch our guys play. I don’t follow all of the other teams.
(1)

Thanks, Way. I thought there was one more state who didn’t observe it.
(1)

The other state is Hawaii that doesn’t do daylight savings .
(1)

Need,
I Love that commercial . I stop what I’m doing to watch it when I’m in the kitchen and I hear the music when DH is watching TV .
(1)

Anyone else love the Amazon commercial with the three old ladies sledding? I smile every time I see it. It’s adorable!
(2)

ITRR,

That’s funny!

AZ doesn’t observe daylight savings time, right? That’s different from other places too. I think there is one other state that doesn’t observe. Can’t recall which one though.
(1)

Need, kids in Tucson get a week off for rodeo.

Growing up in Nevada we got Halloween off, it is Nevada admission day. Imagine my surprise that Halloween wasn't about Nevada at all. :-)
(2)

Way,

I love Reese’s chocolate eggs!
(2)

My daughter’s best friend works for Hershey . They will starting making the Halloween candy soon . They are always about 9 months ahead . That means that chocolate we buy is old already .
(2)

I had a crazy dream about flowers last night. It made no sense at all! I was walking through a botanical garden and I bent over to pick some flowers.

I adore botanical gardens and love to visit them but I would never pick any of the flowers.

Wait, my dream got even weirder! 😆 As I was walking along with the flowers in my hand, I decided to eat them! LOL

I started to wonder if they were toxic and thought that I should go to the emergency room. Then I decided that I would be too embarrassed to admit that I stole flowers and ate them.

My husband says that a dream analyst would have a field day with my dreams!

Why would I dream such a thing?

The only thing I can think of is that my daughter was telling me about toxic plants when we were looking at poinsettias. She brings her dog over to our house quite often. She was reminding me about poisonous plants.

I have always had strange dreams.

I have a friend who started hallucinating from meds that she was given in the hospital. She was having a hysterectomy. I think it was a reaction to Demerol, if I remember correctly.

Her mom was visiting her and she told her mom, “Mom, let’s pick some of these beautiful pink tulips!”

Her mother pushed the button and hollered, “Please send a nurse in! My daughter is having hallucinations about tulips!”
(1)

I’ve been buying lettuce that is grown indoors inside a hot house . It’s the best I’ve ever had . Probably because they can control everything indoors ….. light , heat , humidity , amount of water , and pesticide free . It also stays fresh longer .
(3)

cwillie, with global exchanges, yeah, everything all year round. Like Strawberries. Not especially GOOD Strawberries, but all year round. Like grapes and avacados. I think everything now that is in demand is grown SOMEWHERE, and shipped fast for all year round.
(3)

My sister and I were talking about buying flowers at the grocery store and she mentioned they have tulips already. Maybe soon we'll just have everything all year round.
(4)

Way,

It is ridiculous how marketing is handled in the retail world.

We barely celebrate Valentine’s Day here. It’s overshadowed by our Mardi Gras!

We don’t celebrate Presidents’ Day either. It’s not a holiday from work or school here.

The kids here get a week off school for Mardi Gras. One year we went out of town for Mardi Gras and my kids were confused why kids were going to school in that area! LOL. 😆

They were young and thought everyone had the week off for Mardi Gras!
(2)

Oh C’mon !! I just got back from the grocery store . They have Valentines Day candy in the seasonal aisle . Can we get through New Year’s first ?
(5)

blickbob,
While I wish to be cremated I do enjoy collecting tombstone sayings and "Stubborness killed Her" is a good one!
(2)

My mom just recently lost a friend of her's that she knew since high school. She died of a stroke and was a month away from turing 72. She was heartbroken by the news and she's going to have me go to the friend's graveside service after New Years. I remember overhearing a phone call with her and the friend a little over 2 years ago. She was pushing the "I'm getting better and stronger everyday" line to her. The friend unknowingly realized that wasn't really the case and told my mom "I feel like you're painting a rosy picture." And my mom was.

Any who, while reflecting on her death, mom said of her "stubbornness killed her." Stubbornness is also what killed the friend's mother 10 years earlier when she had her own health woes and underwent cancer treatments.

Unless my mom finally wakes up and smells the coffee regarding PT and being up and around the house more frequently, I'll be telling everyone that exact phrase should she pass away sooner than expected in the near future.

I'll also tell people "I couldn't do anything with her." She had said that when it came to her being unable to deal with stubborn relatives and friends or others who lost someone that was guilty of stubbornness. She told me she's never going to change regarding her own stubbornness and thinks there aren't any honest caregivers out there.
(2)

I've just been reading local news where it was recommended that the county run nursing home add 160 beds plus the opening of an 80 bed satellite facility, unsurprisingly some council members want to get out of the long term care business altogether and leave that up to the private sector. In my opinion the fly in the ointment there is that the private sector doesn't appear to be interested or they would have already seen the need and jumped in.
In related news rent will increase in county run seniors apartments from $867.22 to $1,300. Fortunately there is rent control on occupied units.
(3)

Techie,

What a sad story.
(2)

cw,

Can’t agree more with you!
(1)

Techie your post makes me think of all the comments both here and across the internet where seniors are dumped on for not making adequate plans for their old age, this just goes to prove that no matter how well prepared you think you are $h1t happens.
(5)

One of our local small ALs is closing, and gave residents 30 days to vacate. I cannot imagine being able to select, gain entry, and actually move within 30 days without MAJOR assistance. I'm working with two couples in their late 80s to arrange a home (even temporary) before the move out date. These are people who are competent and chose AL for an easier lifestyle - no yardwork or major housework, meals they don't have to cook, social connections, etc. Looks like I can get them on waiting lists for other local ALs (using a broad definition of local), but a senior apartment with bus service to the senior center seems to be the best short term solution I can find. Fortunately they will have some support from area churches and I got an emergency placement in the meals on wheels program.

Look over your contracts carefully and make sure they do not allow short term "evictions" on ownership changes. We think the new owners plans are to replace the AL with an apartment complex - since the number of new comers moving in has restricted available apartments and houses here. You can make more money and have fewer "regulators" looking over your shoulder on straight rentals vs dedicated "senior" rentals.
(4)

I like pennies! My wishes have come true from pennies.
(1)

Happy birthday Mariavictoria's mom! It's my dad's birthday on Friday.
(1)

today is my moms birthday I miss her. Dad is doing ok
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter