Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hubs and I got 2 movies from the library when we stopped by to get mom more large print books ( she had eye surgery last week) and today we hunkered down in the almost cool main level to watch them Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Lost City of Z.. I went down to the lower level several times to give her eye drops, and watch some TV with her also.. but I really wanted to go to the upper level where the AC is !
(1)

A brief but heavy T-storm arrived last night, bringing some temporary relief. The grass turned green overnight. Flooding apparently occurred in the area, but none here, although I suspect there was some on the north end of the street.

The cumulative heat buildup is really taking its toll.
(1)

Ha, that just means more humidity! The weather network is predicting a pattern change and cool down into August GA, hopefully even some rain.
(1)

We also need rain. My lawn is turning into straw :P Yesterday we had thunder but not one drop of rain. Watch, if I decide to water the lawn, a storm will show up later in the day.
(1)

FF, perhaps the trick is to get out the hose and leave it out. Perhaps that will trick Mother Nature into providing some rain for your area.

I wish my grass had stayed like straw; now that it's green again I'll have to mow it when it's tall enough. Every time it turns to pale gold or beige, I'm elated b/c I don't have to mow for awhile.

Any Downton Abbey fans here? I was thinking as I watched a rerun episode last night how horribly uncomfortable those massive estate homes must have been in the 20's, especially given the rigid dress code, including corsets and formal attire for dinner.

I love the social aspect though, the way changes in women's rights and the feudal issues are addressed and integrated into life at the time.
(1)

Washing the car and hanging out some laundry to dry are also good ways to invite the rain gods to glance your way. 😉
(2)

GA,
A fan of Downton Abbey here. I am guessing those huge homes/castles were freezing in the winter, and cooler in the summers.
(0)

I live in NYC, which you can intuit from my screen name. We have "Early AM lap swim" at City pools, which I've been doing pretty consistently. Walking for exercise after the sun gets low and staying inside.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter