Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Rbuser, my usually very considerate Mom once called and adamantly insisted I come immediately to visit her in rehab. Didn't matter to her that I had been there earlier, or that it was rush hour , or that it would mean I'd have to return to my motel in the dark. This was one of the early signs of her dementia. It was strange for me, too, when Mom stopped calling and waited for me to initiate calls. It was all part of her aging process.
(3)

WOW, not only does this topic get moved to discussions but also being edited.
Anyway, for a rapid update:
My Mom called to check in on me and tell me she's ok. So, I know she's trying to be brave.
Now I feel bad for complaining on here!
Hope you all will stay safe and stay home. take care.
(4)

Yes, I think or know rather, that she is a survivor above all else. And she was going to the pick up site for seniors at the senior center, now they have one right around the corner from where she lives.
I told her those meals are the same as Meals on Wheels (I've volunteered with them in the past) but she wants me to bring her groceries weekly anyway. She has a neighbor who often asked to take her trash to the dumpster but she doesn't want her to things like that preferring me to instead.
My thing is concern for one's loved ones is a 2 way street and not feeling it.
I'm 60 yrs old. I know what you're getting at.
(4)

RBuser, how old are you?

Im 66; I've been advised to stay out of stores. I am ordering groceries online (yes, there is a backup) and advising elders in my area to sign up, pronto, for Meals on Wheels. Advise your mother to do this NOW.

An elderly man I know has our entire community shopping for him. I called up his aide and asked if he realized that he is asking people to take their lives into their hands. We are setting him up with MOW today, hopefully.

No guilt!!
(9)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter