Follow

I want to thank everyone for all the information I had received over the last few months. It was a very big help. I hope that everyone that is signed up for this great web sight will continue using it. At times I was lost with what to do. This Aging Care has so much good information that would and will help anyone out there that has trouble with a loved one.

I did have to put my mother into a home. I just could not take care of her like she needed. But, sorry to say she was only there for 1 1/2 month then passed away. I know she hated it there, she wanted to come home. I did not know her life was going to be taken so soon. It was not easy. All of my complaints that I have had for this last year are now my regrets. I loved my mother and will miss her very much.

Thank you all again.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I am very sorry for your loss. My Mom passed almost a year ago. She was in AL, then had hospice in AL.
We never know exactly what the future holds. You obviously loved your Mom and I'm sure she knew it. I feel when we or loved ones reach a certain place in life, there are no "good" options, just options. Who can say what the best choice is? We are not privy to the future. The good Lord in his mercy does not let us see. We could not handle it all if we could see everything it holds. Please don't beat yourself up with regrets. It is a hard job. They complain--we complain--the whole situation is not what anyone wants. I wish you peace.
(1)

So very sorry for your loss.
(2)

Dear OP, I hope that you are getting through those difficult weeks after death. So much to do, so many jobs, so many people who want to talk.

Give yourself the credit for doing the best you could at the time, with the knowledge that everyone had at the time. That’s the best that any mother and child could hope for. I miss my mother too, after many years, but I know that we both did the best we could. Make sure that what you remember and miss is her, and not what you think that perhaps you did wrong. That last won’t help you or her. Keep good memories, not regrets.

Love Margaret
(1)

Sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs and prayers at this difficult time.
(0)

My deepest condolences. Prayers for you & your family. I am so sorry for your loss.
(2)

I’m so sorry for the loss of your mom. It’s so difficult to watch our mother’s health decline and see them die.

Be at peace knowing that your mother is no longer suffering.

In time, you will realize that complaining is completely normal when we are in a stressful situation.

Sweet memories of your relationship will take the place of the negative feelings that you are experiencing now.

It’s fine to acknowledge how you feel during the grieving process but don’t become stuck.

Seek help from a grief counselor or a support group if you feel that you are struggling to move forward.

Your mother knew how much you loved and cared for her and would not you to feel guilty about anything. She knows that you did your very best.
(2)

Please accept my sincere and heartfelt sympathy. Take care of yourself! Give yourself time. I feel that your mom would not want you to live with regrets. I am sending you virtual hugs!
(4)

So sorry for your loss .

It is difficult to witness when a LO is not well or happy, and we can’t make it better.

Remember that you cared for your mom as best as possible .
(3)

Deepest condolences. I know you loved and cared for your mother the best you knew how. Time for self care & take it one day at a time. God bless.
(2)

No one could have (or would have) done all that you did for your mom. Don't get stuck in the land of "If Only," you can begin your grieving process without regrets. Let yourself grieve freely.
(2)

I join others here in sending my deepest condolences on the loss of your mom. And join them, also, in saying to be kind to yourself and try not to second guess your actions in her last months. Try to remember all the good times, and know that you did your best.
(2)

Deepest condolences on the loss of your mum. We all have our limits and your reached yours. No shame in that. No one has a crystal ball for the future, The "if onlys" and "what ifs" are part of grieving. You loved your mum, took great care of her and she knew that. Please be kind to you now. (((((hugs)))))
(4)

I’m so sorry for your loss. Please don’t waste energy on regrets, we all do our best during difficult circumstances as I’m sure you did. Your mother was blessed to have you in her corner. I wish you peace and the comfort of memories of happier times
(6)

I'm so sorry and thinking about you.
(3)

My condolences.
My Mom died last month.
Give yourself some time. Grieve but don't hold onto the sorrow.
(5)

I’m sorry that you’ve lost your mom. She was blessed by your care, even when you had to seek a placement for help.

I can tell by your post above, that you loved her, and gave her your best.
(6)

I'm sorry for your loss helpingmom91. Sounds like you were blessed to have a good mom.
Please don't waste your time with regrets. We've all had them in our journeys, but I decided early on in my own personal journey that I wasn't going to let them take hold, as I knew that I did the very best I could and that's all any of us can do.
So be kind to yourself now and find time to rest and recoup from all you've been through. Your mom would want you to now take care of yourself.
God bless you.
(7)

Helpingmom91
Sorry for the loss of your mom. Be gentle with yourself. You placed her where she could get the help she needed. I am wishing you sweet memories.
(7)

Helpingmom, My condolences. I'm glad this site helped you. I hope you can rest now and take care of you.
(7)

My sincere condolences, and you should have no regrets. You took care of your mother the best you could. She was lucky to have such a devoted daughter.
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter