Follow

Not a question but a comment.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I have a duplicate remote control, and at night - after she's fallen asleep - will quietly step into the living room where she sleeps and turn it down to a more tolerable level. : )
(0)

Can I ask... Why?
Lonely? Anxious? As a distraction?

Is this new? Or a permanent thing?
(0)

I don't think the having to leave the tv on while sleeping is necessarily and elderly thing. I know people my age who have to sleep with a tv on.
(2)

Is she using bluetooth headphones? And I mean, the HIGHEST QUALITY ones you can find.

DH is pretty deaf and has to have the TV on 24/7 and since all he watches is FoxNews and war movies, wow, it gets old. He bought some super high quality BT headphones and wears them all day and night. I can't hear ANYTHING from them and my hearing is super sharp.

I personally like having Alexa with calm music in the background. He can't sleep when it's quiet...I attribute this to MANY years of traveling and having a quiet, lonely hotel room. He simply HAS to have the TV on. He's not watching it, he's just listening to whatever is on.

Seriously, those bluetooth headphones are amazing.
(2)

Look up "TV ears". The headset is very light. The TV can be kept at a nice volume or very low but she can turn it up on the headset for herself.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter