Follow

Hey everyone! First want to Thank you all for the much appreciated and needed support. You are all amazing!

The mere fact that your on this website tells me that you care for your loved ones with dementia very much.

So I'm flying to California tomorrow to see my Aunt. I have previously posted about unexpectedly becoming her caregiver and the ensuing aftermath of the texts and calls from her friends due to their frustration with her phone calls wanting to go home. She's in assisted living and her home has been sold. Saturday we are having a group visit with her. Her close friends and her Pastor. We'll have the "this is your new home " for the umpteenth time! I am bringing with me a poster that tells her this is her home. A photo album with as many family pictures as I could find!

I am asking for prayer and good vibes!

I will post an update after a couple weeks to let you all know if this approach works.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Best wishes. Some people try the completely opposite approach, like twisted sissie 1. She made a poster board to mount on mom's door when she moved to memory care. All mom wanted was to go home. What was on the poster board you ask? Welcome to Ports of Call voyage to Norway, or some such. Bon Voyage. Mom loved to travel when she was younger, into her early 70's, I suppose. But not for about ten years before memory care. Not the smartest knife in the drawer, that one. Eventually they removed the poster board.😦
(0)

Praying for you & her.  Let us know how your approach works.
(1)

Prayers sent your way.
(1)

I pray that all goes well for you and your aunt. She is lucky to have you in her corner!

Definitely let us know how it goes when you have a chance.
(1)

Praying
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter