Follow

I want to hear from group members who have experienced and witnessed their loved/family members killed prematurely by nonvoluntary euthanasia in a hospice or skilled nursing facility. I'm asking because this happened to my beloved mother in 2020.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Euthanasia is illegal in this country. Assisted suicide -- an entirely different thing -- is legal in several states.

Not knowing the difference speaks volumes.
(0)

Justtruth: I have ONE question for YOU: Why, if you felt so sure your loved one/family member was being killed by hospice, did you not FIRE them? I ask that question all the time yet have NEVER gotten a response from anyone accusing hospice of MURDER. WHY did you NOT FIRE THEM BEFORE this 'murder' occurred? Did you not realize that you had that ability?
(5)

Utter nonsense.

Your uneducated, non-medical diagnosis has zero credibility.

Get some therapy to learn how to move on. You're talking about something that happened nearly three years ago.
(1)

I think a lot of times these posts are more about fighting siblings.
One sibling was medical proxy and the other didnt agree with the hospice decision
(4)

justtruth2022, do you have a link to the proof that you have against hospice? I would like the read the findings.
(4)

Hospice staff and SNF workers do not decide they’re going to kill a patient. Ethics aside, they’re being paid to care for the patient. Patient dies = No longer getting paid. Makes no sense.

Most who insist that medical staff killed their parent are still in denial that their parent died. It’s normal to feel grief, maybe regret or anger too. They died and it’s horrible, but they were not killed.
(4)

I still want to know, what’s your proof? What makes you think it happened to your particular mother? I’m here to learn.
(2)

To those who have offered unkind and insensitive commentary you all have zero knowledge about my post or the reason for asking this question. There are many complaints to Office of Inspector General. Hundreds of cases/lawsuits prosecuted by the DOJ that have proven hospice provider negligence, substandard care, death and Medicare fraud in hospice facilities across the U.S. Educate yourselves about the dangers of hospice. You can choose to disagree or ignore that factual data. To the person who wrongly thinks MD assisted suicide is illegal in the U.S. FYI: there are 10 States and DC that provide legal physician-assisted suicide. There 40 States that consider physician-assisted suicide illegal.
(2)

I recall this very wording here on the forum; 'non voluntary euthanasia' which is MURDER. If you or anyone else felt their loved one was murdered by hospice, the police should have been called. Hospice is not in the business of murdering elders, b/c once the elder is dead, their FUNDING is finished. That's just one logical reason why. Another reason why is ethical in nature; I've never met a mean spirited hospice nurse in my life.

You're likely barking up the wrong tree here on AgingCare looking for backup with such an accusation. The vast majority of us are thankful for the services hospice has provided for our loved ones.
(8)

This is a topic that pops up regularly, almost always as the result of a perceived injustice of the medical community against a sick person.

It is against the law to perform euthanasia in most all 50 states, some have 'voluntary' euthanasia, but those cases are few and far between or are just not talked about.

Hospice, to the untrained eye, can seem like euthanasia. But it is the kindest way to ease someone who is suffering out of this world.

This board has a lot of people with very differing views on the subject.

If you feel you have a case of nonvoluntary euthanasia, report it to the police and then contact a lawyer, (Most lawyers won't touch these cases with a 10 ft pole.)

I hope you find the peace you're looking for, however it comes about.
(3)

What is your proof?
(2)

there is no
nonvoluntary euthanasia in hospices or nursing homes. Sometimes family members misperceive the kinds of care that are given for comfort, when a person is actively dying. Every human body wears out at some point, whether family is ready or not.
(7)

Since euthanasia is illegal in every state across the US, I would suggest that you take whatever evidence you have and bring it to the law enforcement agency that covers your location.
(8)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter