Follow

She had two falls recently, each of which set her back significantly due to the traumatic pain. I knew via our usual Friday video chat that she was ready to be done. She said nothing, and had a flat affect throughout. At the end, we said we loved her, and her aide told her that we had said that, and she said her usual only two words "Bless You."
She died this morning - my dad's birthday. I had a sense that she might have brought this to bear. I even joked that she got up to heaven and popped out of a cake to surprise him. But it's thundering outside tonight, so I'm guessing they're dancing.
Thank you for all your great advice. I'll keep coming here, as now it's our turn to be the aging and needing guidance.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I'm so sorry for the loss of your Mamacita. May you be consoled by memories of her and gain peace in your heart as you move through the grief.
(1)

I love that you could joke with her, tease her, and that you hear their dancing steps in the thunder. I wish you so much peace. What a loving heart you have; she likely had some part in that. I love when we can celebrate their love.
(3)

Dear "Nonnie2012eli,"

I'm so sorry as you grieve the loss of your mom. That's quite a way to leave her pain and suffering behind her - by dying on your dad's birthday and having a beautiful reunion for them to celebrate together.

I like your sense of humor even in the most painful of moments for you - "that she got up to heaven and popped out of a cake to surprise him." Hold onto that thought to help you through the grief and sadness.

I'm glad you had one last video chat Friday and were able to send her off with "we love you" so she could go out feeling blessed and at peace.

May God's peace and comfort be with you and your family as you grieve.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss.
(2)

I know that you are mourning the loss of your "mamacita", but are also rejoicing that her and your dad are reunited once again. Those are emotions on opposite ends of the spectrum, and can be hard to comprehend, when one minute you're sad and the next happy. I know. I lost my husband 5 weeks ago. It's kind of an emotional rollercoaster that we both will be on for some time. Praying for God's peace and comfort to be with you.
(1)

I am sorry for your loss...
I pray that you feel the comfort of the Lord during this time. You are in my prayers!
(3)

So sorry for the loss of your little momma. It’s wonderful to be comforted by her reunion with your dad. So sweet that she sent you her blessing. I know you will miss her. Hugs
(2)

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.
May you find strength and peace as you move forward.
(3)

I too am sorry for your loss but glad that it was such a peaceful ending, and that you each had a chance to say goodbye.
(3)

So very sorry for your loss.

I find your words so poetic. Please stick around. Your words are beautifully written.

Take care. Cherish your sweet memories.
(2)

I am sorry for your loss.

May God give you strength and grieving mercies during this difficult time.

What a great thought that they are rejoicing in dancing and making thunder.
(3)

I am so sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))
(2)

I’m so sorry for your loss. And so glad you had the blessing of that last communication. May good memories bring you comfort and peace
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter