The Caregiver....How are YOU doing today?

Follow
Read More

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Spam and eggs?
(1)

Ahh, book, you need some excitement in your life and you know what they say about the early bird!😉 gets a flea market breakfast fresh off the grill. What do they cook on a grill for breakfast?
(4)

Yep, we're in rainy season. The typhoon that passed us became one of the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines. Crazy to watch YouTube videos of people in Hong Kong, China and P.I. doing things while the typhoon is happening. So busy filming the angry turbulent water surging towards them - not realizing that the glass windows is Not going to stop those waters.. until it's too late... on and on....

I was shocked this morning when I looked into the mirror. My eyes are sunken, with dark circles beneath it. I may not be waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom as often as before .. but I sure am not getting the deep sleep I Thought I was having.

Fave sis invited me to overnight at her place tomorrow night, Saturday. I usually turn her down because I tend to pack lots of bags. Just my fold-up wedge pillow is bigger than my medium rolling expandable carry-on. Knowing her though, she will be waking up at 5:00am to go to the flea market at 5:30. Maybe I will ask her if it's okay if I sleep in. But then, I will miss out eating flea market breakfast (yum!!! esp. when still fresh from the BBQ grill)... Hmmmm. Sleep or food?
(5)

Wow! Your dog had a seizure & recovered. The cat had disappeared for a while. Turned up sitting in the chair next to you. Hmmmm.... While. You & your Dog were in distress the cat went off to quietly pray. (smile).
(1)

I had a moment to review the earlier posts from 2011 and as with many of them it feels good to know Im not alone in this merry go round of emotions. I am going thru what everyone is sharing and had no idea people were going thru it like me. Seriee, spoke about the colostomy mess, OMG mom gets it smudged around the toilet seat and under too! It's probably from the nails and cleaning it. What makes things worse is the odor. This is when SHE wants to clean it but boy if I touch it and do it my way which is much quicker with no odor she goes nuts sometimes. I never know from one day to another if the beast is going to come out. She even told me I don't know how Im going to be from one day to the next. She hates the facility she's in so I don't believe the rage is do to dementia. She is on Rispideral but I don't think by itself is enough. It was at 2mg then reduced to 1. Her psych doctor does not want to increase it. One poster said their parent was on Seroquel. Mom was too but slept a lot. I am finding that the more their brains are stimulated by using a calendar to go over dates, exercise to stimulate circulation I see a change in mom. I'm exhausted from trying so hard to keep her going although she's a fighter. Getting her to shower on a regular basis is a head ache, her body alone can stink up the room. Then yesterday I asked her case manager if I could bring 2 slices of bread to mom in the room because she's tired
. Response,:"no. Not unless she comes downstairs". So mom responds to how she and I are treated. Is it Dementia or regular anger and stress?.
(1)

I got a good surprise today - VA awarded partial disability to DH for illness due to Agent Orange. Parkinson's is a presumptive illness. The Disabled American Vets group was a big help, and the people at the VA handled the assessment appointments well. It's tragic how many serious illnesses are now attributed to Agent Orange. It's good that there's some small help for these vets.
(8)

Thanks CM, will be on the lookout; we have rabbits our here in the country, who knows? Sneaky old cat hasn't given up his hidey hole yet....
(0)

Wow! I think I have an ulcer!!!
Your situation almost sounds like mine😪
(0)

Taking care of my ex-employers Mom.
I live with her. I get 1 day a week off and I am about to lose my mind!
(0)

Mally, that would make me think "poisoning?" - call me paranoid if you like, but I've read too often about people unthinkingly or evilly leaving poisoned bait where non-target animals can pick it up. Got any neighbours with a rat problem or anything like that? Wish her better, anyway; and glad to hear pusskit turned up safe and sound.
(3)

1 2 3 4 5