Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Wanted to tell everyone to have a good night and pleasant dreams.....preferably uninterrupted.....:) I'm really tired tonight....have been running after the col all day like she is a two-year old. The work on our front yard started this morning and several times I had to go out and shoo her away from the workers. I kept having visions of finding her buried in wet concrete up to her ankles. Cooked her supper and sat with her while she ate; she would have fed the dog. Finished her laundry and took it to her....she is no where to be seen. Front door ajar......gee whatcha doing out there? Oh I see you've been picking weeds. So I talk to the wall and explain what could happen if she had fallen and I wouldn't have known she was out there until I went to help her to bed at 10. SSDD.....over and over.

ASG....I'm sowwy Auntie's good humor didn't last longer. Don't you love it when they are happy and in a good mood? It just makes everything so much better to deal with. Then that old dark cloud has to descend at some point I guess.

Hi to Starri and burned.........hope you have had a good day and haven't had to deal with too much stress.

Hi Rossella!!!!!!! How's mom?

ladee......how was your day with Sonny? Playing more pick up sticks?

seeme.....say night night to the bunnies......

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(0)

Well, if no one is going to play tonight, I will go to bed. ASG..tomorrow is another day....AUNTIE'S DAY !!!

Starri, Hope you make every day a fun one for your family.

Ladee, At this point you sound so happy, we couldn't beat you down witha 2 x 4.

Jam, He is so cute...big ole meanie Target........

Now I am going to read my Kindle till 3 am and complain to mom about how tired I am tomorrow.......It is now 10:15......will see if I last till 10:30...

Everyone have a good night's zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(2)

Ladee.....here's the scoop on the bunnies....I AM SHARING....I can see where they have eaten half of some snow peas and that is fine. Half the row is going to die from the ground up because of their romping........OK.....I will plant garden peas next......they don't like the squash cause the leaves are prickly, but they are not going hungry. And I haven't seen evidence of green bean consumption........but when they go after hubby's tomatoes, the proverbial you-know-what will hit the thingamabob...if you catch my drift.....and it WILL happen. !!!!

Last year we had trouble with the tomatoes riprning on the vine, so hubby took them off and set them on the patio furniture loveseat to ripen that way. The cushions were off so they sat in between the horizontal slats of the seat. Late one afternoon , aftr the heat of the day when the trees shade the patio, I watched a momma and baby rabbit for about 20-30 min. Momma finally stood on her back legs, under the seat now, and pushed a tomato to the end of the seat and baby got it and started eating. I was astounded. Then she goes to the front of the seat and reaches up with her 2 front paws (or Feet?..rabbit's foot) and grabs one for herself. I am watching them eat on the patio for the longest time. I quietly tell hubby about it and he hits the ceiling !! He yelled so loud, they heard him with the door shut, momma takes off, baby goes the wrong way and gets caught behind the grill, scaired (southern) to death and I have to herd him the right way. But it's ok if they eat my pea pods............so the saga has continued from last year.........
(1)

ASG, I don't know how you can handle the situation between the aunt and the children and the dog and the cat. Your kids will learn very quickly how to defend themselves from the aunt!
Starri, I am sorry for your mother, but it's up to her to decide. It seems the morphine puts you in a state of dizziness and some people don't want it. We don't really know what we would choose in the same situation, so... (my father when he was very sick he didn't want pain killers)
Good night to everybody.
(0)

ASG....we had some good fun when we were kids. YES to the RR tracks, right out front and way down (we lived on a hill), concrete trestle, swimming in the ruf-off, stepping on thorns that were 3-4 inches long, going right through the sides of your keds, catching crawfish, snapping turtles from the pond and playing snake charmer with real snakes, exploring the empty house even though mom told us not to cause of the well........Oh, yeah....all six of us. Good thing I didn't have any kids to tell that to!! What goes around comes around......
(1)

ASG.....I sowwy, honey, it sounds very believable to me.....I've get her clone right here !!!! Only this one HAD to wake me up from a nap, and was damn near in tears when it was over..... until I said I was still tired...whooooo....she let off some steam then !!! She's is tired of hearing how tired I am all the time...if I quit reading the kindle I wouldn't be so tired....yada,yada,yada....
(1)

And helping her with lunch, coffee, and each time she came out to act worse than a spoiled 3 year old. Unbelievable!
(1)

Thanks ladeeda!!! It got worse. She came out AGAIN being spitty about what I'm not even really sure. So I called the little boys mom and told her they were all tired and I needed to put mine down for a nap. Then the little boys mom comes to get him and she comes out and opens the door to the garage where we were standing just being nicy, nice. She knew I was busy, she didn't need anything she sits down at the kitchen table where we had gone inside to gather his things, aunt starts mouthing to me like she's whispering only purposly loud enough for the mom to hear, that tommarrow is HER day, and there will be NO extra children here tommarrow!!!! I wanted to sink into a whole! She was all pursing her lips. Said she should have had a shower??? She NEVER volunteers for a shower ever! I have to talk her into it. She never not one time even indicated to me that she was thinking of one. I'm so mad, I'm so when is this gonna be over with, and to pissed off right now to feel guilty about it. I went to her room today 3 times already, just as I always do letting the cat out. Even though she does it herself more now I STILL go in at the same times every day. Also helping my fil. Outside, while the boys played out there with me.
(1)

ASG, I'll never understand why some elders just have to be hateful when they talk. My dad was like that, just bitter and nothing ever made him happy.. I would snap back at him, but I am not a sweetie like you are. You have such a big heart, guess that is why you are able to do what you do...But saying it here helps,,,,And you are right, all those little things do make a big pile after awhile don't they? Sorry it didn't last long.
hugs to you
(1)

Well that didn't last long!!! I waited till she noticed there was an extra boy, she affectionalty called him the new boy, not his name, for the first couple hours. Then around 10 she told me I wouldn't babysit for anyone if I was you, you have enough here with this ol lady. I said I'm not babysitting the girls and M is gone so he is having a sleep over. Its babysitting she snaps. All because he half way ran past her following the other boys out the door. Now she is not so affectionatly calling him "the fat kid"!!! Saying she wouldn't let him on the deck he might break it if it was her deck! He is not even 5yrs old yet!!!so since then she keeps coming out of her room tattling on the fat kid for everything from getting back on the deck, to playing on the dirt hill (a small hill of dirt left over from construction that the boys have hot wheel cars set up on. Its nutts. I wanted so bad to tell her to shut up and go take a nap!! But I wouldn't ever do that. She is also going on about a cup, which she isn't really looking for. 8 watched her nosing through my cabinet, the one I keep my mail in. So I walk in and ask if I can help her find somthing. It took her 3 or 4 minutes to come up with thatstory. Saw my fil drinking outta a cup like this out the window and there you go. Oh my! Just annoyances, but oh how they can just be so big!!!
(2)

Ladee, he was quiet and went to school, I asked later and he said he thought she was reachin down to smack him. starri, the prob with the hospice we had was they had only been a hospice for 6 months and we very unorganized. Sent a lady nurse who would be there 5 min on her comp. And told my hubby she was working on another patients chart. Then left, wouldn't help move her. They told us that nurse wqs on chemo. They shouldn't have paired her with my mil then cause she had been septis, and vancomyicyn resistant infection that she had been treated for. Vancamyicyn the dr. Told us was worse than MRSA they siad it was the new bad bug. We were fine cause cause we were not sick.
(0)

Good Morning! Trying to play catch-up on all the posts.

When I got home yesterday thought I might find Target standing at the edge of the pond with a wistful look on his face......but no he was actually awake...:O....and on the computer. Said he didn't have any problems with the col and I didn't either last night, but the inner beast was lurking. I walked outside about an hour ago and he had taken breakfast to her and I could hear raised voices. She was desperately trying to feed parts of her bacon to the dog and he kept telling her to eat it and she said she wasn't hungry anymore, so he took it from her. She did eat most everything, cinnamon roll, bacon and fresh strawberries. But she was mad because "he begs so cute". Oh for heaven's sake, here we go again.

ASG......that's wonderful about your Aunt and the kids....I imagine your son was wondering what was going to befall him now when she put her hand on his face. Does she play the piano? That would be wonderful if she could interact with the kids with lessons. And the little sleepover guest.....awwww just one of the kids....:)

Starri........my heart goes out to you, it's so hard to watch them be in pain. The weekend before my mom passed, last Dec, and she was still in the hospital she appeared to be in so much pain and she was being given Haldol and no morphine. She was in that hospital only because my husband was on shift in the ER the night she got sick and it would be unethical for him to treat her, so I had to take her to another hospital and under the care of doctors that I didn't know and once there they have to do everything possible because it's illegal to just move her. On Monday, I called her own physician, told him I knew she was dying and there was nothing more to be done so we had her transferred back to the NH and hospice came in. That's the only time I have dealt with them and they were wonderful. Anyway, the first thing I asked for was ms and "not a problem" let's get it on board. And it was obvious she was in pain. She had aspiration pneumonia and was working so hard to breathe. The ms made it so much easier on her. And she passed peacefully about 14 hours after discharge back to the NH. I'm glad she didn't linger. But I still haven't had a chance to really grieve for her....my younger siblings, as well as 2 estranged daughters of mine started acting like complete lunatics and with having to still care for mil......well my grief got put on the back burner. It sounds like it's coming up front for your husband. I'm sure his mind is full and you are all hurting together....at least you do have each other to lean on. My heart aches for you all......and you're the "angel glue" that holds it all together. You will probably have to just give Mom the ms.....later she will figure out how much better she feels so maybe she will be more receptive.

Time to get col's laundry done........................

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(0)

Starri.....oooooooohhhhh I like you better all the time !!! Actually, you are just secuer enough to know what you and tour mom needs from Hospice, and they need to adapt to you. I have always been kind, but I have also called the office and asked that certain ones not come back. Once, I had 3 different nurses come in one week to re-evaluate mom. No one had been before, one had quit, one got lost, and the last one was snippy. The PT from the same company was wonderful. Never know what you are going to get.
(0)

Sorry you didn't have a good experience with Hospice Allshe, There's not a problem with the ladies we have coming out, if we did have a problem though they would not like me...lol... I have absolutely no problem in getting in someone's face if they are not doing what they are suppose too.. guess maybe that could be one upside to the bipolar, my temper can get high very quickly and won't tolerate "stuff" out of anyone.

She's starting to settle down again, hopefully she gets some more sleep and then we will try eating something.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day
(1)

Ok guys, girls were gone to grandmas. Oldest son went with dad this week, so that left me with 2. Of coarse they were boared and wanteed a friend over after t ball. Went great by the way. Thought we were gonna get rained out but didn't. Anyways, this little boy I've known since he was born. Very active 5 year old. Who evedently dosnt sleep! Ever!!!! This is his first sleep over with us. after 1 in the morning he says hey my mom let's me stay up all night. I said I don't think so but nice try. He says she does, for 3 days! I said nice try buddy.told him if he wanted to play in the water he needs sleep. He comes up with the funniest stuff somtimes. Aunt dosnt know he's here. So I've worried bout it all morning. I will not allow her to be crappy to somone elses kids. I kinda thought it was a bad idea last night but I guess I hate telling the kids they can't have a friend over or do this and that and blame it on the cargiving. This is hard enough on 'em. Figured maybe she wouldn't notice Lol since the others were gone. I will just tell her he's one of the other kids!!! Jk.
(1)

Seemer, when I was a kid we lived in the country with realitves all around. We were always exploring. I think if my kids did half the stuff I did, I would lose my mind. Not bad behavior things, just dangerous thingsl like playing on the rail road bridge that was a mile long. And going to the creek to swim without parents. Mom says she don't remember those things. I think she must have been busy watching soap operas. Lol. Starri, I like that name too! You have a lot on your plate, but this to shall pass. You will be stronger and wiser from this experience and so will your husband. The in home hospice I had experience with sent the batth aid out every other day, and the nurse out on the other days through the work week. We didn't have a good hospice experience though. Thank goodness they are all different. Communication with any of them though is the key to the best experience. Don't be afraid to give them a call and ask who you will see today.
(1)

Morning everyone, Burned, please let us know how you are today. Everyone is so proud of you taking the "bull by the horns" and getting things done that insure you, your husband and kids are finally going to have some peace and everyone can enjoy each other more. Hang in there!
Starri, I hate to hear she is not in agreement to the morphine, can only imagine how hard that is for you to watch and hear her pain and know there is something you can do. but I also understand the position you are in, wanting to honor her wishes...Is there anyone that could talk to her about the positive side to the morphine? Sometimes they will listen to someone else and not us.... I am sorry to hear how hard this is on your husband.. all of you are hurting, and you can not take care of everyone all the time, you have to take care of you too. prayers and hugs to you today..
ASG, Aunt Weird, gotta love it...I am happy to hear she is treating the kids better. Maybe she will really try to enjoy the kiddos and it will be better for everyone. What did your son say about her touching her on his face??? Maybe she is doing a little grieving herself.. and accepting the situation and understanding what you have done by taking her in. No telling, maybe she was being ugly sometimes to keep from loving all of you and protecting herself... who knows, just happy to hear she is trying to enjoy the kids more... they will keep her entertained if she lets them...
Seeme, I am reading along this morning and BOOM, my morning laugh, about green beans and poison ivy,,, Thanks for getting my day started with a seeme-fix... you never answered about the bunnies , and I do have to say that concerns me a little, is there something you are not telling us...??? Poor bunnies.
Jam, so happy to hear you got some "me" time with your sisters. And was Target wore out when you got home? Or was he out in the yard pulling weeds???
The outside cat, Mr. Man is tearing up the screen door for his breakfast so need to get going. Another fun day with Sonny the lineman, and Ms. M is smiling a lot more... so this is going to be a good thing... love you all, newcomers keep posting and letting it out... hugs across the miles to all of you.
(0)

Thank You Seeme, she's doing pretty good this morning, seems like things get worse at night. If her pain levels stay as high as they have been, I will be consulting with her nurse about the morphine. Like it or not, she's going to have to have it.

I think you might have hit the nail on the head with my husband, I had not thought about that, it's a sad thought though that he had to wait all these years to get it out, he's 63 now and she died when he was 4. His dad was left with 2 small kids and no clue as to what to do. He basically shipped them off after their mom died.

hopefully he is feeling better today, it's going to be a quiet day around here, not sure if we are expecting anyone from hospice today, had the nurse yesterday, the CNA the other day, haven't seen the Chaplin yet this week, so maybe he'll be out.

Well so much for her feeling good, up at 630 am doing well, and now she's started moaning again. Lasted about 45 minutes, that isn't too bad, got her pain pills in her and we'll see where we go from here. one thing after another it seems.
(2)

Starri, So sorry your mom is in such pain. God help me, I would give her morphine anyway. Sometimes I just do what I feel is right, or what I would want done for me. I know you try so hard to do what she wants. And it is so painful for both of you. Your hubby sounds like a wonderful man and is probably reliving his own experience of the past. Bet he is just now grieving for his mom. And now you must be strong for him, too. You are an angel....a Starri Angel. I love that picture in my head. Hugs to you.

ASG...I hope your better days will last a long time. Maybe she has been there long enough to get smitten with the kids and the dog. Whatever it is, let's hope it lasts a lloooooonng time. Now that summer is here, she may as well get used to them, right? God, I loved summer as a kid, never enough time to explore, but it was a different time, too.

I must get a shower and get ready to do errands. I needed a little more time to get ready, so I have until 11 am. Hubby is home today with sinus headahe. We need rain to clear the air.....and get the poison ivy off my green beans..........
(1)

Seemer Sowwwy bout the cow patties in the face! Hilarious.
Linda, Poison Ivy I was so allergic when I was a kid but havent had it in years. I would also get it from the air. Didnt know where I was getting it until the dr asked if we had it near a window in our home, and we did, on a fence outside the window of the apartment I lived in. My son got it a month ago from burning brush. Showed up on his nose first, then spread to the rest of his face. His whole nose was covered looked so odd. He woke up yesterday morning and his face was red and eyes swollen, looked some more and yep, there it was popping up all over him. So I gave him one of the steriod pills the doc gave him from a month ago. I think it was better.
Jam, ha ha cow patty!!! Love it. Glad you had a good day with your sisters. Hopfully col will be good for you tommarow, lets cross our fingers cause I know how that goes.
Starr, you are in a tough situation. Hopfully she will let you give her som morphine so she can get some relief. I know aunt dosnt like to take her pain meds, then stays up at night cause she is hurting. She had knee replacement surgery years ago. She also told me she had open heart surgery in 1979, wow i didnt know they did that surgery so much then. My dad had it like 5 years ago and ever since says his doc told him it only last 8 yrs. So he is only 58 and gave himself 8 years that many years ago. I told him one time he is wayyy to young to live, like he is dying. I think it helped, or at least he stopped telling me about it.
So bout aunt wierd moods, one morning my son sets down at the piano(aunt gave it to my daughter a few years ago when they started moving around cause she wanted my daughter to learn to play) ok so son is setting on the bench one mporning last week before school and aunt opens her door and peeks out, son freaks out and takes off running out the door, 15 min later son is putting his shoes on at the couch and aunt comes up behind him,WERE YOU ON THAT PIANO! you shoulda seen his face when she takes her and reaches down at him, mine to! the room feel silent all eyes were focused on her hand, i was taking in a gasp of air, not knowing what she was about to do, when she reaches down...and puts her hand on his cheek(this is the son she told him he was dumber than a block and should have never been born)and says, would you like to learn piano, maybe some day mommy and daddy will get you lessons to!!! She just kept stroking his cheek and talking like she was talking to a baby to him. We were all shocked and relieved. His eyes were this big around (0)~(0).
We have had a few days like that. She just shocks the heck outta us. I over heard her telling somone on the phone cant a grandma spoil her grand children( she had ordered in breakfast for everyone). She has never been anyones grandma so I know she wasnt confused. I thought it was sweet. At the same time she has been cussing like a salior(ok not really just the damn word several times.) But so unlike her. I'm afraid it may not last ling though, for the past two days she has been getting teary eyed at the drop of a hat. Oh yeah, my hubbys english bulldog who we have gone crazy trying to keep him outta her way, had him outside part of the time, she would peek her head out to make sure he was put up in his bed before she would come out, is now her best buddy. Yep, havent had to close him up in like 3 weeks. feeds him her scrapes from the table and everything. She gets tery eyed and says he is pretty on the inside, Lol and crys about his inner beauty. Yep, its nuts. I know. she was a little nutty yesterday but in a different kind of way. So not sure if its my attitude reflecting hers or hers reflecting mine. But thats the story behind the better days with her. Knock on wood!!!
(2)

Got the col in bed.....it is so nice to have her dry now for the majority of the day. And she is generally just damp, no longer that sopping, dripping wet with her drawers hanging to her knees.....reminded her to not turn her bedroom tv to supersonic levels since she was going to sleep and neither the neighbors or us would like to listen to it all night. She just turned her head away, so I knew I was talking to a wall......again.

Got home after lunch with my sisters....was a nice break. Walked through a small flea market and found a couple of really nice crocheted table doilies. My oldest sister says why don't you just make them yourself.....uh, lazy? Sounded good to me..:) Checked on the col, she was doing fine, and was going to let her skip bath until tomorrow morning, but she just plain smelled, so tossed her in the bath tub real quick and just got er done.......glad now that I did. She felt better and my nose said thank you. Fed her supper and she's been a good little girl all night. Can't ask for much more than that. Of course it could be that the inner beast is lurking there to come alive tomorrow with a vengeance.......

Good night to all.....hope it's peaceful for everyone

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(1)

Yes seeme, I have been being a good girl... I get to go on walks with"Sonny" and he tells me all about being a lineman, every time... feels like old times with Ruth... Ms. M did not feel good today, but I think she is liking that I take care of things without her having to be on me.. Heard some stories about her last caregiver today... for one thing she would lay on the couch and take two hour naps, and then watch tv until just a few minutes until mealtime then hurry the meal up, so it was hardly edible.. I finally looked at Ms. M and said well if you needed to pay someone for taking naps and watching tv, you should have called me a long time ago... she just hooted!!!!! So, I really believe this is a blessing of a job...
My leg is killing me when I get off tho. Need to take Aleve earlier in the day... get home and NAP TIME...
How are the bunnies??? Or should I ask,,, love ya.. and hugs to everyone. I will get caught up in the morning,,, ni-night, hugs to you all
(1)

Burned? do you have to put up with them? let them in your house? at least if they show up unannounced tell them your busy right now and close the door in their face.

Dealing with people, family or not during a time like this is hard, and even worse going through what they are putting you through. Stand up for yourself and for your kids, you don't have to put up with their "Stuff"

My "Eldest" brother sat on his butt in California and tried to tell me here in South Carolina how to take care of mom and how to treat her, etc... that lasted until I told him that if he thought he knew better how to care for her, I would book her a plane and she'd been on it the next day, he backed down.

Tonights not a good night again, but at least I am working on a full 6 hours of sleep, She's in bad pain, I've given her all the medications that I can at the moment, it rips my heart open to hear her crying and not be able to do anything.

We're trying musical medications again. Upped her pain patch, working on upping the amatriptlyine and then finding out whatelse we can do. Mom is resistant to taking morphine, she's worried about getting hooked, the last damn thing she should be worried about, told her though this afternoon, that we are going to have to consider it, pills take to long to get into the system.

Hubby is having a really hard time dealing with her death, it's making him face his own mortality, his mom died when he was very young, never had a chance to grieve or to understand what happened, and since then I don't believe in his 63 years, he has been this close to someone who's dying. This makes my third time of being caregiver/help to someone, it doesn't get any easier. Hubby was crying last night, I felt so bad that I could not stay there to hold him and help him through it,

I was ready to give it up myself this evening, had her laying in the bed behind me, I was trying to set up pill boxes and have him upset on the phone, how many directions can one person go at a time?

Thanks for letting me babble.
(4)

LADEE....How was work today? Are you staying out of trouble? Met the HH girl that you know yet?
(0)

Help comes in 30 min, and I am ready. Finally got mom's head washed , got her bum cleaned and she is in bed. Me next. I am going to do some errands tomorrow as I didn't take off Tuesday, so it may be late before you hear from me. Mike says it is too hot to go to Beaufort next week on the bike. Truthfully, I am relieved. He doesn't want something to happen to both or one of us with mom here. Guess if we had kids, he never would have gotten the bike. I just hate to sweat so bad, cause no sandals, or shorts allowed on the bike, which is good, but hot in NC.
(0)

So I get the cow pattie....let me tell you about the last one I got.......my hubby (my boyfriend then in high school) and I were riding my brothers' mini-bikes in a cow pasture that had a pond in the middle of it. We were going to fish in the pond, so we had fishing poles in front of us across the handlebars. Well, the field was bumpy cause of cow tracks, and the mini-bikes had been adjusted to go much faster than originally set up - like 45 mph. It's summer and we both have on t-shirts, shorts and sandals. I am going a little too fast and the pole is slipping and as I try to catch it, I lean to one side too far and flip up a cowpattie with the front of my sandal and drive right into it... HAHAHAHAHAHA And it lands on my hair, face, shirt, legs, and a big blob stuck between the bottom of my foot and the sandal .....
and I stop and look at the mess and get fire red from embarrassment ...hehehehe and hubby turns back to look at me, laughting ........and does the same thing!! HAHAHAHAHA Served him right !!! And the pattie took the color right out of that t-shirt !!!HAHAHAHAHA Lordy, lordy, that was funny.......
(2)

WAY TO GO BURNED !!! You do sound sssssoooooo much better today !!! It is stressful for the children, I am sure, when they see mom so stressed. They may be too small to put it into words, but you need family time more than you need in-laws, or maybe in your case outlaws. I thought maybe you were born and bred in AZ, but now I see you moved there. Where were you before? Just come and chat with us and let us get to know you better. This place has done me so much good. I used to call my sister to vent, but she just thought I was mad all the time, and maybe I was, but I can scream and cry here and it really helps. So now I am happy when we talk. And what do you knit? There may even be extra money there? I can knit, but I like crocheting better, seems faster to me.
(1)

burned, we are so proud of you!!!!! You sound so strong and sure of yourself... It makes my heart feel so good you are standing up to his family. You are making things better for your husband and how much more loving could that be.... !!! And doing all that paper work is tiring but you have taken the steps to not have his family upsetting him or you.... Just a great big hug to you, your courage and taking such loving care of your family....We are so happy you are here, this is encouraging to all of us... hang in there and we are here for you always.... hugs to you!!!
(2)

burned......you sound so much more upbeat than when you first came to visit. And if I'm not mistaken, you are standing taller now. GO GET EM GIRLFRIEND! Sounds like you are doing everything right and your therapist is telling you that also. You will get through this time in your life just fine, yes there will be hurdles, but I think you are up to it. You're doing a fantastic job of caring for your family and they are the important ones. I'm sorry your husbands family cannot see the love and care you have for their brother. Hopefully they will before it's too late. I'm glad you will be able to do more activities with your children; that is so important for all of you.

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(3)

yes options are limited in ajo for diagnosis but i am halfway thru the hurdle to get paid as my husband's caregiver besides having someone coming in 2x a wk so i can do some things with the kids. Once the biweekly checks comes in Ill be able to manage better with finances and won't have to sweat the rent as much. I have been tired trying to keep up with the housework and been knitting like mad to keep myself calm. Some days are harder than others and he gets stuck in a repetitive state of mind due to his epilepsy. He is too young to be suffering this much but most of his family passed away at a young age. I have already decided that if my sister in law comes unannounced then I am gonna have to call the cops and file a restraining order because she doesn't respect his needs and he is practically terrified her. She says she is spending time with her brother to report to his siblings I think its something else. I have no great love on his side of the family. I seriously think its funny that I have to call them to let them know what is going on and I am not going to do it either. They want to prove themselves I have cause this damage to the man I love and I have not. I am tired of false allegations and playing a game of get along when They could care less most of em except for his nephew. I am just tired of it all and I will do what it takes to make my husband enjoy whatever time he has left with us comfortably and if the family drama team do not like it ...oh well they should of thought of that before disowning him on the day his mom was put to rest and he spent nearly 32 yrs looking after his mom and grandma. They couldn't spare the time to help him out and he did it out of love. I just find this all laughable and the indeceny of the nerve to communicate their wants when its all about money. Money they are not getting and it is already stated in his will so its lost cause. I did not mean take so much space but I have alot on my mind and dealing with the ratifications of everything. I am glad to a point that my therapist seems to agree that I am handling the situation ok even with other extenuating issues such as raising two small children and dealing with a variety of case workers,
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter