Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
CCCquilter,
So sorry for your loss.
It is okay that you have not cried.

Very sorry that you are hurting.
(5)

No longer a caregiver. My husband was unable, after our vacation to the far north, to walk or sit unaided, so he went to our daughters, who works remote and could be home to care for him. He was there almost two months, and he passed away Friday morning November 2nd. I have not been able to cry it out. I get close, but that is it. Is there something wrong with me?
(2)

While going through pictures for Em's funeral we had a wonderful time remembering the past. One upside... the funeral is Sat am, starting at 8 am for the viewing and graveside at 10. Going to have to bundle up my mom!
(4)

Pam, my sympathies to you on your loss. I hope your next days will be calm. Hugs.
(1)

(((((((hugs)))))))) Pam and deepest condolences
(1)

Sincere condolences, Pam.
Praying for you and your family.
(1)

Pam, sending my sympathies on this sad day. I’ll be keeping you and your familiy in my thoughts and prayers.
(2)

Pam, I am so sorry for your loss.
(2)

Sorry for your loss, Pam. Thinking of and praying for you and your family.
(2)

So sorry to hear of your MIL's passing Pamz.
(2)

Condolences to you and family, Pam. Wishing you all some peace about her passing. Hugs.
(3)

I'm so sorry for your loss pam and I'm sorry for all you are going through,
It's good your husband has You to lean on.Take care~
(4)

My MIL passed away today, after being sick all weekend. We were at a family wedding and only found out last night that she had gone downhill. Our daughter visited her this am before work, and I took off today and hubs and I went in. She passed while FIL was with her. So now she is at peace, and my hubs is taking it pretty well, and Daughter is on her way over.
(5)

It’s 1:00am. I’m tired but not sleepy. I’ve been blowing my nose. Not sure if it’s sinus with all that acupressure I’ve been doing.. or the beginning of a flu. I took the box of NyQuil out. Expiring this month. Still good. Uhm... something looks odd. I’ve never seen a purple with a green tinge NyQuil. 🗑 it. I’m going to open the new box that expires next year. One pill will knock me out cold. .. Please No Morning phone calls. Or visitors. I want to sleep 💤 in late.
(4)

Sorry, Book :( Hope you get to feeling better. It does sound like the stress is making you sick. Take it easy and do something nice for you today.
(1)

Poor Book! :(

Can you do something that will take your mind off everything completely? You are terribly stressed and it's making everything worse, don't you think?
(2)

My trip is next week Friday. I hate flying and stressed to the max.  Doesn't help that my flight roundtrip is via Japan.  In the past month, Japan has been hit with 3 strong typhoons.  The most recent one was this past Monday, the previous one was last week.  I will be traveling without a cellphone.  I've learned from a previous trip that not all airports have paid phones at the baggage claim area... Today, I have a sore throat, stuffy right face and feeling very drained.  {grimacing} I had chicken soup for dinner, OJ.  I was going to take the Airborne Vit C but figured it was overkill with vit C. 

Remember when I fell in July 1st?  Well, the arm that got hurt the most at the time, which the xray showed no fracture?  It's been hurting since last week.  I will try to go as a walk-in tomorrow at the clinic even though they don't accept walk-ins on Saturdays.  They're all booked up (as usual).
(2)

On another note, the probate is still going on. I tried to go to the power company to take out dad's name and leave mine on it. I was told that I can't do that until probate is over and the house/land has transferred to the new owner. Since my 2 brothers are also on the Will for the house/land, I will need them to write a letter authorizing me to put the power utility under my name and a copy of their ID. Then, they will end the current contract with me and my dad's name on it. And I will need to apply for the power utility. Really??? Why not just wait until probate's over, I provide the letters & IDs from my brother and just adjust the account? Why do we need to disconnect and then re-apply as a New Account? In this modern time with everything computerized, how hard is it? Why all this red tape? .. I was going to do the water utility but ... after seeing the power, I decided to wait until probate is over to try to change Any of the current utilities (power, water, solid waste, etc...)
(5)

I went to the private family viewing for my Aunty. I was late 30 min. and sat on the 2nd to the last row, next to my 1st cousin (her sister recently passed away from cancer). Another aunty was saying the rosary. Cousin on my right, and her brother (my fave cousin) on my left on the opposite end of the long bench seat (like a pew?) Cousin was discreetly crying. I was discreetly crying. What was worse, as tears kept silently falling, I didn't know Who I was crying for. My mind kept bouncing between my dad, my 1st cousin and my aunty. I felt bad that I wasn't just crying for aunty .. but all 3 people. My deceased aunty's grandkids sang twice to their grandmother. I just started crying more. They also sang for my mom and dad's private family viewing and on the day of their funeral. After it ended, fave male cousin hugged me and refused to let me go off. He quietly but physically held me to join his family (his siblings and mom) in the line to view aunty's body and then to offer condolences to the family.

There were others who were ahead of us. When I was done looking at deceased aunty in the coffin, I turned to look at my uncle. He loved showing public affection to his wife. She always told him to behave. He was just sitting there while his adult children were standing and greeting people... I looked at Uncle. He was devastated. (I think he's also on the road to senility.) In all these years, Uncle and I always joked around with each other every time we met at the Post Office. I looked at him.  He looked at me.  I stood there, opened my arms really wide and looked at him. He stood up and we just hugged so hard. I didn't say anything. Just hugged him. After that, he continued to stand and greet those behind me. {He was manfully sniffling. I was delicately sniffling.}

It's now 10pm. I looked in the mirror. My eyes are still a bit red from silently weeping hours ago. D*rn! I didn't know it was obvious that I was crying. No wonder, male 1st cousin was so solicitous towards me. …. I dread the funeral this Saturday.
(5)

I told sis that i don’t want to go to the flea market. It’s been raining since Thursday. Sis has been coughing very hard and long lately. My body is exhausted. I’m already stressing about my oncoming flying. This is... I’m very susceptible to getting sick... I’m sleeping with the light on. I Swear I’m hearing footsteps walking pass the closed door in the hallway. Twice I opened it to see who’s walking by. No one... I Forgot!! I’m such a scaredy-cat. I have my small flashlight beside me. I decided to sleep the other direction because there’s a huge glow-in-the-dark skeleton hanging on the wall above the bed. The skeleton is behind me. Good thing I suddenly decided to bring 2 eye masks. I never did before...

By the way, my new eye glasses cost $521.00. The lady looked up in surprise when I said that $521 is great. She replied that most people complain that it’s expensive. I said that my current eye glasses cost me $800. ... Ohhhh, I continued.... that’s $521 NOT including my eye exam, isn’t it? She said it’s only the glasses. Sigh... when I went up to pay for it... $732. I hope it comes in time before my trip. ..
(3)

Glad, I recommend that you first try the real deal so that you have basis for comparison. I grew up thinking Taco Bell was real Mexican tacos. Then, in Hawaii, a person made her famous Mexican dish. It was baked in the oven with white sauce and chicken, etc... according to everyone, it was delicious. I, uhm.... didn’t like it at all. I couldn’t force myself to eat, as a guest, but my stomach was objecting literally. One more bite and all my dinner would’ve came rushing out. Taco Bell has ruined me towards real Mexican food. So, if you’re able to find a Filipino who can make the banana lumpia, that’ll be great... No dipping. It’s already sweetened.
(3)

Mmmmm! Never have had lumpia now shishkbobs for breakfast. Are the bananas quartered or halved before they are fried in the lumpia paper? Pictures look wonderful. Are they served with caramel sauce for dipping? They do look good.
(1)

Fried rice, over-medium egg and 2 sticks of delicious family-secret marinaded beef or chicken shish kabobs. The meat is soft and flavorful. Sometimes, we just buy the shish kabobs and walk around the flea market. And the Filipino banana lumpia. Yum!!!!
(3)

Spam and eggs?
(2)

Ahh, book, you need some excitement in your life and you know what they say about the early bird!😉 gets a flea market breakfast fresh off the grill. What do they cook on a grill for breakfast?
(5)

Yep, we're in rainy season. The typhoon that passed us became one of the strongest typhoon to hit the Philippines. Crazy to watch YouTube videos of people in Hong Kong, China and P.I. doing things while the typhoon is happening. So busy filming the angry turbulent water surging towards them - not realizing that the glass windows is Not going to stop those waters.. until it's too late... on and on....

I was shocked this morning when I looked into the mirror. My eyes are sunken, with dark circles beneath it. I may not be waking up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom as often as before .. but I sure am not getting the deep sleep I Thought I was having.

Fave sis invited me to overnight at her place tomorrow night, Saturday. I usually turn her down because I tend to pack lots of bags. Just my fold-up wedge pillow is bigger than my medium rolling expandable carry-on. Knowing her though, she will be waking up at 5:00am to go to the flea market at 5:30. Maybe I will ask her if it's okay if I sleep in. But then, I will miss out eating flea market breakfast (yum!!! esp. when still fresh from the BBQ grill)... Hmmmm. Sleep or food?
(6)

Wow! Your dog had a seizure & recovered. The cat had disappeared for a while. Turned up sitting in the chair next to you. Hmmmm.... While. You & your Dog were in distress the cat went off to quietly pray. (smile).
(2)

I had a moment to review the earlier posts from 2011 and as with many of them it feels good to know Im not alone in this merry go round of emotions. I am going thru what everyone is sharing and had no idea people were going thru it like me. Seriee, spoke about the colostomy mess, OMG mom gets it smudged around the toilet seat and under too! It's probably from the nails and cleaning it. What makes things worse is the odor. This is when SHE wants to clean it but boy if I touch it and do it my way which is much quicker with no odor she goes nuts sometimes. I never know from one day to another if the beast is going to come out. She even told me I don't know how Im going to be from one day to the next. She hates the facility she's in so I don't believe the rage is do to dementia. She is on Rispideral but I don't think by itself is enough. It was at 2mg then reduced to 1. Her psych doctor does not want to increase it. One poster said their parent was on Seroquel. Mom was too but slept a lot. I am finding that the more their brains are stimulated by using a calendar to go over dates, exercise to stimulate circulation I see a change in mom. I'm exhausted from trying so hard to keep her going although she's a fighter. Getting her to shower on a regular basis is a head ache, her body alone can stink up the room. Then yesterday I asked her case manager if I could bring 2 slices of bread to mom in the room because she's tired
. Response,:"no. Not unless she comes downstairs". So mom responds to how she and I are treated. Is it Dementia or regular anger and stress?.
(1)

I got a good surprise today - VA awarded partial disability to DH for illness due to Agent Orange. Parkinson's is a presumptive illness. The Disabled American Vets group was a big help, and the people at the VA handled the assessment appointments well. It's tragic how many serious illnesses are now attributed to Agent Orange. It's good that there's some small help for these vets.
(8)

Thanks CM, will be on the lookout; we have rabbits our here in the country, who knows? Sneaky old cat hasn't given up his hidey hole yet....
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter