Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
6 7 8 9 10
Good Morning Posse!!

Hope everyone is doing okay......I'm exhausted and has nothing to do with care giving! Hubby slept on the couch because of the kennel we have now and kept the jack/chihuahua with him. My blind poodle has her bed and was in it, chihuahua likes to sleep by my feet. Col's dog usually sleeps under the edge of the bed where the air conditioner blows....well not last night. He decided to get up on the bed, flop down, 10 sec move, flop down, 10 sec move, then I heard him run down the steps into my bathroom and left a pile the size of a small mountain, thank God there is no carpet on the floor. They had all been outside for about 30 minutes an hour before this. Got that cleaned up and the flop move starts again. Then the jack decides she wants in so she is sitting and scratching at the door. I finally got up, threw them all outside and yelled at hubby that HE can watch them and stomped back to the bedroom and took a 2 hour nap. So that was my early morning harassment.

seeme.......nothing like a UTI to kill your sense of smell. We have a septic system also and I have to watch the col so she won't put "butt wipes" in the toilet. I won't even let her put the flushable kind in. Then she gets confused and won't even put toilet paper in. I would rather have that than the yard messed up again. We've cleaned out once since we've been here and that was about 4 years ago, but with 2 households using the same tank now it will have to be done soon I think. I've already told her the next cleaning is on her, since I can't always catch what she flushes or puts down her garbage disposal.

Hi sandy and starri..........how's your Monday so far?

Where is burned.....anyone heard from her?

ASG.....if I have my way the col won't be getting back her makeup. In between baths she puts on foundation, then smears face lotion over that when the mood strikes, so there is a mess smeared all over. The mascara was completely dried up so I hesitate to guess what she was using to even get it to stick to her lashes...spit probably. Then she would rub her eyes after putting it on and we all know how sanitary her hands would be. The lipstick was old and greasy. Her lips were always dry and I spent the winter trying to get her to use gloss, chapstick, anything....I found a product from soap.com called "chicken poop", love that stuff, she refused it. It was more fun, I guess, to leave pieces of dry skin mixed with lipstick all over the inside and outside of a stained coffee cup, and scream when I would wash it. And of course the lipstick had to be used on the cheeks as blush. And all done without benefit of a mirror. I think we have been lucky so far that she has not gotten a raging eye infection. So I would rather her be mad at me than have an infection. Waiting now to hear from her doc after he does rounds and gets back to the office. Going to start looking at fencing and finding her a patio set that can be set up on the front yard concrete. She will only be allowed out there with someone else. The new fence will be locked so she cannot get out and wander off. Will keep her dog confined so she won't chase him. All around good deal for everyone. The only problem may be her trying to crawl over, hubby wants chain link, I don't. And with a care giver with her on the days we aren't, climbing should be a moot point.

Going to contact a couple of friends today about the possibility of taking care of the col.....if they aren't interested then will put an ad in the paper and go from there. A lot more work doing it that way. There is also a place close to us that hires out care givers so I will also give them a call. I would like to think they would do a background check themselves, we will see.

morning ladee......hope Sonny is good for you today. All of the info you have given me over the weekend, and seeme too, has helped me so much. I don't feel like I'm swimming upstream with a blindfold on anymore. LYB

Love and Hugz to all,
Jam
(0)

Seemer I'm sorry somtimes I get stuff mixed up on here. I remember mr. Jam diagnosing it. I followed along and prayed for your mom. I thought how scary to have such a strange symptom. Yes I love jam! I think she is doing a wonderful job also. I want other people who might think she is being cruel to understand that she is not. This morning aunt was arguing with everyone in the house wheather it was ticks or fleas found on hubbys english bull dog yesterday(it was ticks) her and daughter found 2 of them and pulled them off. Today some how she got it in her head it was fleas and is afraid her kitty will catch them, and is angry cause evryone who was here that she kept asking said it was ticks. She took my daughter by suprise and said what was that we pulled off of the doggie yesterday? My daughtef said it was tics, aunt smacks the table with her hand and said it was not you said it was fleas I asked you and you said it was a flea(not true I was standing right there) we had a whole convrsation yesterday about how to treat tics. Anyways, even me saying it could have been fleas, both are treated the same way we won't worry about what they are we will treat them, she still argued with everyone she could get to listen. So it dosnt matter if you agree with them somtimes, or try reality orintation, if they are in that place that's will they will remain. I wonder how long this stage last??? Anyone have any idea?
(0)

Ok setting in her room while letting the cat out after lunch, and she sees the dog out her window, oh should he be outside? Yes he uses the bathroom outside. Oh I wouldn't think he should be outside he might drop fleas off in the yard she says!!!!! He sosnt have fleas I snapped! I checked him real good again for fleas 30 min ago(lie) and nope no fleas. He had some ticks yesterday I said. Oh it was ticks. Yep no fleas. Well ok. I don't guess she can catch them since she is in here!!!! Good lord. Does she not remeber all the numerous conversations the last 24 hrs? Does she just have this in her head and she is trying prove somthing? How do I know? Jam lol, chicken poop? As a lip gloss? That's to cute. Here try this chicken poop, it makes yer lips soft! That's ok, my favorite hand cream was called somthing like hemp cream. It had a pot leaf on the front of it. I used to get it at bath and body works. It was wonderful.
(0)

It will last as long as you do not try to redirect her ASG, Like, look, see those pretty flowers, Oh did you know so and so had a new baby, ect.. make stuff up if you have to... It is just like their needle gets stuck on a record and off they go. sometime for three hours straight Ruth would ask me where she was going to sleep. Redirect. ok for a few minutes, where am I going to sleep, redirect, and on and on. You may need to get her to a dr for an eval of meds... I don't know if I could put up with her being aggressive with my kids, but you are a sweetie and I am not. so there ya go..
(0)

What a time. Can't get antibiotics without a urine sample....can't get a sample cause she doesn't have enough to give. Called the doctor back to get myself an appt with him. Got one on Weds. morn. Hubby will be here. Tried to gat a nap. Mom won't let me. Sick of the smell of urine and crap. Told mom I am not mad at her, but the smell of the fistula mess is rank. She didn't think I could smell it. Hell yes, mom, smells like something died. She says,"maybe it's me and the doctors haven't figured it out yet." LOLOLOLOL God, my stomache hurts. She won't even let me be frustrated !! She'd still laughting. Anyway, I'm still going to go to Beaufort tomorrow and if help can't get it tomorrow, I'll take her to ER. She'd too far gone talking crazy to let it go much longer. She wanted me to help her get 20 chickens in the freezer. After killing them all, she doesn't want to eat any just yet. Near as I can remember that happened 45-50 years ago. I gutted them and poulled the feathers after dunking them in boiling water. At least I knew what she was talking about and told her yes. Still got a long way to go before bedtime......
(1)

Seeme, maybe the ER is where you need to be with her... Sure sounds like aUTI with her crazy talk, but then she made you laugh.... Tell her you sent the chickens to ladee and she is going to trade for some rabbits. Might as well relieve some frustration while you are at it. Get as crazy as she is...I used to do that with Ruth sometimes when she was in her wanting to "KILL" something or someone.. I'd tell her if she promised not to kill ME, then we would go kill SOMETHING.. I would give her the flyswatter and out on the porch we'd go....
Sure hope you get some answers soon... and wasn't it yesterday you were saying you were lucky to not have to do what Jam and I do... be careful what you say out loud, girl....let us know what happens...hugs to you sweetie...
(1)

ASG....yep, chicken poop. They have a web site too....stuff is made in Kansas. ladee is right...you will have to redirect Auntie to something else. Col would do the reverse on me....when she didn't like being told no, she would start talking about something else. Didn't work. But those 2 old women sound so alike. We spoke with the Social worker this morning....col doesn't like the hospital diapers so we will take others to her tomorrow. She has no idea where she is, why she is there or how she got there. But they plan on keeping her for several days. Wish they would keep her until this time next week. Fence will be in, got that done today, should have care giver hired, the woman that watched her previously when we went to Vegas is interested. So going to talk with her.

Time for outside doggies.......

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(2)

Wahoo, Jam, sounds like things are coming together. You can ask them to keep her a few more days.. letting them know you still have things to do to get the house ready.. and I will send up an extra prayer this lady works out for you... and if you did have to go thru that agency you were talking about, still do your own background check... scaires me to think of hiring a stranger...Do you like this lady? Did she do a good job for you while you were gone???? Remeber what I said about the cameras.. no one should have a problem with that if they are doing this job for the right reason... that doesn't mean you won't see the caregiver pulling out her own hair, as long as she doesn't pull out the cols everything is cool.. love ya more later...
(1)

Very quickly:
Jam, the idea of the fence in the garden is a good one. If you are afraid COL climbs it, make it higher. She is not a Marine, I guess. And she won't dig to pass underneath (talking about rabbits...)
ASG: I thing Auntie should be sedated (a little bit). Otherwise life could become very difficult for you and your kids, Forgive me if I am blunt!
The doctor told us my mother can drink a little bit. Not too much of course. I was very happy about it and I gave her a (light) herb liquor tonight. A natural product made by my friend. My mother was very happy and she went peacefully to bed. And it didn't harm her!
Strategies, strategies!
(3)

Good eve guys. Id love to get aunt to the dr. And let him know what's going on with her. She still takes care of all that on her own. Last time she saw him i n feb or march he didn't need to see her again fo 6 months. Or it may have been a year. The dr. She had been seeing in and shortly after she went home was seeing her every 2 weeks. He got arrested though for a bunch of crimes involving women patients. Jam you may have heard of that. Its making big news up here. She went to see him one day and they are like oh he's no longer taking patients, we wondered why so sudden, its cause he was in jail! She said he was a nice man. She thought maybe he just had some health issues cause he had a shaky hand. We will leave it at that!!! I didn't explain anymore to her about it. She just thimks he was picking up Prescriptions for one of his lady patients. She had a morning last week where she said she couldn't walk or move her leg when she woke up. After she started getting around she was fine. I wonder if she didn't have another tia or light stroke. No facial droop no extrq weekness after wards no other symptoms. But I will say I t seems like she has more memory loss and more confusion especialy the last few days. She has to go to the foot dr. On Friday and she is already giving me errands to run while she is in there with him. None of us can get near any exam room with her. She is very private. None of us really knows what all was wrong with her husband. It wasn't until he woke up one morning and didn't know anyone that she took him to the dr. (same one she has now) and she did say he said he had dementia. Gave him aricpet. Told her it wasn't alz. And that's all any of us knew. Mil blamed it on aunt. Said he was used to her telling him when to take a sh*t. I think she started telling him what to do cause he couldn't remember., id say he had it for quite some time. Anyways, I spoke with her one night about mentioning to the dr. If she was worried about her memory. She won't though. I'm not sure if it would change anything. She didn't keep him on aricept for long cause it caused him diarreha. She would probably be the same. I have to wonder if she hasn't had problems for a while to? Laddeda, how the new folks. Did you get you some new shoes? Jam, glad you will have things set up for col before she gets home. Seemer sure does sound like a uti. Where's sandra and the other new to us guys that posted? Come on and join in the more the merrier. come her vent. Don't be afraid. We won't know who you are unless you want us to. Give us your ugliest story, or your most inspiaring. Nothing wrong with a little comradary it will help you:) hugs to you guys.
(2)

Rosella, the dr, gave her an antidepressant a couple years ago but she refused to take it cause she said it made her tired. I guess we will probably keep going this way
(0)

for god knows how long years maybe before she somday can't remember anything I guess. I don't know.
(0)

The fence should be in by next Monday, Wed at the very latest. Getting 5' chain link. Will have two double gates and both will be locked. Her front door will have a keyed dead bolt only.

Col called us tonight....very pleasant conversation although she still doesn't realize why she is there. We explained the need to review her medicine.....yadda, yadda, yadda. I think they may be putting her on Namenda. Or is it Namendia? She doesn't like the hospitals diapers so we will take some and visit with her and see where we are. And ask how long they will keep her. Hubby said today, with insurance, they like to keep them longer, so that will be an advantage for us. If they are changing her meds I want them to keep her long enough to see how she does, and if she doesn't, then see how she does on something else. She will also get a haircut that is easy to manage and attractive on her, but no more of this cloud hanging in her face and eyes. So no more hot rollers. She will get some lip gloss, the days of globbed mascara are over. I have her house streamlined without so much furniture to possibly trip over. Just have to do a little more shampooing on the carpet and then vacuum, make her bed and her house is livable again. The strong urine odor is gone, but won't smell completely clean until we get the carpet ripped up and replaced. I've gotten a lot accomplished in 3 days.

Hope everyone is having a good night. I'm taking advantage of this short vacation...:)

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(2)

ASG.....haven't heard about the doctor....but the Board of Healing Arts sends out a news bulletin a couple of times a year and it always has the "bad" boys and girls and what kinds of restrictions are put on the their licenses, so I will watch for it. I like to read the gory stuff and see what the medical pros have been up to. Usually it is not keeping up with their continuing education or illegal drug use. And sometimes inappropriate relationships with patients. I'll let you know when it comes out if there is anything that sounds pertinent.

Rum and coke time................

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(1)

Sounds like you have really been busy, Jam.....wonderful news....Glad a strong woman is in control. Is puppy's butt doing better?

ASG...Have you tried to get her to let you go with her , as in 4 ears are better than 2 ? It sure would help you to be a better caregiver.....try that one!!

Gotta go to bed, big day tomorrow......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(0)

well i am new to this "how is the caregiver" but would love to jump on board. How am I today well, got up as usual and the bed was wet and so was hubby with ALZ.
Go to bathroom to clean up and get beat in the floor, he didnt do it on himself so I must have done it, the pee and stuff!! so that over, breakfast was thrown in trash and coffee spilled in floor. I need to get out of here!! There are 168 hours in a week and I have 4 that I can actually get out of the house ALONE. I have a sitter that comes twice a week for 4 hours and sits with him. I spend one of my 4 hours at the nursing home with my sister who had a stroke. Her mind is great just her body is gone. She has no other visitors so I go every Thursday from 12-3:45 I have to be home by 4 for the sitter to leave. My hubby has had ALZ since 07 and has no earthly idea who I am. He is on abilify, has been on all meds for ALZ but dr took him off as they were not working. He sits and complains, hates company, does not like for me to talk on phone, and does not want me out of his sight. He has sleep apena but refuses to wear his mask. says I am trying to kill him, spits his abilify out so I have to crush it and put it in his drink, coffee. decaff.
Shoot with my 4 hours which happens to be tomorrow I am so excited I just could spit!! Oh did I tell you I have two sons????? 45 and 39, they live here in town one only 7 houses away, but cant face the fact that Dad is not himself!! well face it boys hes not getting better, just a cop out to keep from sitting with him. I stopped asking and will not ask.. they know I need the help. Well thats my day and thanks for letting me vent!
(0)

54j, welcome, love to have ya. Come here and vent anytime!!! It really helps. So sorry about the siuation you are in. I hope he dosnt hurt ya. Is that what you meant by got beat down in the floor? Oh honey. That's so hard. This website helps me sooo sooo much. These people are great and won't judge ya.
(0)

Ladeeda, yep tried that too. She. Said oh no honey you stay here fil will take me. I don't need anyone to sit in. He dosnt say anything. Then she comes back and tries to tell me some of what he says. Selective info I'm sure. She does the same thing to fil. O even told him to just not even ask, just walk back with her like you are helping her in and just stand there and play dumb like you don't know you should leave. Nope didn't work either. She created him some bs errand go get us some cheese burgrs from mc donalds. The next time same thing. She needed him to make a run to walmart for some batteries. She still has it enough that she has this huge thing about her privacy. She has all her important stuff in a basket on her walker and I thought she was gonna bite my head off the first time I tried to help her to bed. I went to move the walker from out of front of her while she sat on the toilet so I could take her pants off of her. You would have thought I grabbed her but or somthing, she hollers out oh, can't let that get away from me. It has all my medicine in it. It might spill. The only time she let's us take the walker is if we are putting it in the car. And only if noone is in the back seat. Shed rather cram it into her legs than let it ride without her eyes on it. Jam good idea about tge mascarra. 54j my aunt sounds like your hubby to about not wanting you on the phone or outta his sitght. When we need to go somwhere we deal with behaviors, if I'm on the phone she complains, told my hubby she was gonna break me of using my phone pfff yeah right. And lord forbid somone drops into visit, even my mother. She has people she exxpecially don't like to visit, if they have other kids its a problem, if she don't like em in anyway at all its a problem. Gave my sis and her kids a peanut butter jelly sandwich while at my house one day cause they missed supper coming to my house just in case we had a storm. She started talking bout my sister cramming food in her mouth, and them eating up all my food. When hubbys buddy and his wife comes over she ask me if she is just as ugly as she was the last time she saw her, and called a little friend my son had over who is not 5 yet, that fat kid. Over and over again. The comp. Is a problem, so is opening the fridge door. Yelled at kids today to let mother get you tea out of the fridge, I have 5 kids and another who is always at my house not by choice, I. Taught them to get their own drink of tea, water whatever. I don't want to pour drinks 100 times a day. They are big enough to do it. She thinks if it is their hand that opens the fridge it somhow meraculiously waste electrity that it dosnt waste when I do it, on a bill that she don't pay. Oh yeah another thing, yep I'm on a roll today, she still ha her heat on. Won't let me turn it off. We are running the air conditioning. She says it dosnt come on cause she has it set on 75, um her part of the house is separate from our register and she has wall board heaters. Our air runs and we keep it at 72 To keep the rest of the house cool enough. Her heat is always on. I flipped it to 65 tonight without her looking. Our bill is gonna be ginormous. It was 500 just one month this winter, 420 another month and 409 the other month. I'm afraid of what next months will be. I'm tired of being aggrevated, tired of the person this is turning me into, and tired of complaining to these poor folks who many of them has it worse than me. I love all you guys. Gonna be a brighter sunnier person tomarrow I promise:)
(1)

Evening all, or is it morning? Welcome 54j, I've only been here a short time myself, and love it here already. This evening taught me no more sleep at night, I have sleep apnea and sleep very deeply when I do, fell asleep tonight around 11 and got woke up at 130 with her calling me, she was sitting in a chair near the end of her bed, she believes she ended up on the couch with me on the other side of the room, there is no way she could have, I am 5'2" and barely fit on there myself...

I'm exhausted, my brother is as well, just from the time he sits during the day. I have no clue as to what to do, I can put the rail back on the bed where she can't get out on her own, but that thing isn't like a normal hospital bed, it doesn't retract all the way so makes it harder than hell to try and get her out. Any suggestions?
(0)

Starrri, honey, why don't you have a hospital bed? Dr. should write you a prescription for anything you want at this stage. If the whole bed raises up a little, can you then lower the rail enough to make it wasy to get out of? AH, hell, get him to order you a real hospital bed.

If I was ever tested, I would find out what I have going on with my sleep. I do a lot of snoring...always have. And I sleep very deeply. I used to think it was because all 6 of us kids were so close in age you had to learn to sleep like the dead to sleep at all. Now, when my eyes close, my ears slam shut !! That's why the baby monitor in my room even though she is only across the hall.
(0)

pardon me while I scream..it's already started off one of those days, first mom winding up in the chair, confused, then my baby brother deciding that I am trying to run the show when I am simply trying to include him on what is going on, so that he feels like he is being of help, without giving him to much to try and do.

He informed me today that he has done caregiving, he is doing it for our friend, our friend is still capable of taking care of himself, Jerry can't keep track of his own three meds, never mind Mom's 18.

I keep telling myself it's his illness, but I got in his face this morning about his attitude...I've had enough. I've come home to try and get some decent rest, all we have scheduled for today for her is her CNA, she just helps to bathe her, he can handle that.

Going for the bed, see you ladies later.
(1)

Morning everyone... Welcome 54j, we are happy you posted with us, and hope you stay and let us get to know you. Don't know what I would do without this sight to go to everyday, meet up with my friends, chat, fuss and fume, vent, and laugh. Sounds as if you have your hands full. Am I understanding that your hubby is violent? Or was that just the way you expressed it? Won't share suggestions until I am clear about what is going on... happy to see you here, keep coming back, you'll make great friends to help you thru ...
Starri, do you have HH or Hospice??? Hospice should provide you with a bed and anything else you may need? Sorry to hear you didn't get any rest. We are so happy you are a part of this thread. That's what you have to do, just jump in and everyone gets to know each other and we don't feel so alone..
ASG, girl, I just couldn't do what you are doing, no way.... I'd have to get stupid with the aunt for talking to my kids that way... What a bossy old thing she is... hmph..
Rossella, glad to hear you had a good time with your friends.. How is your mom? Keep in touch.. love ya
Seeme, today is the day for fun.. enjoy yourself and eat something good for me..
Jam, sounds like things are moving right along.. the house and yard all set up for the col when she comes home.. Hopefully the right meds will be on board. Also hope this caregiver works out... let us know..
Today is my long day as Ms. M has to go for her transfusion today.. It will be Sonny and I, need to find something for him to do, he is bored and that is not good for Alz.
Didn't get much sleep last night, so am going to go get this day started so I can get done, come home and take a nap.... love to all, hugs across the miles..
(1)

Hey Seeme, we have the type of hospital bed that Hospice furnishes, it's one of the old style I guess, the head and feet are controlled by electric but to raise the bed up and down, it's hand crank, the new hospital beds have sides that lower all the way down below the mattress, this one barely clears the top of the mattress, had to take the one side off so that she could get in and out of the bed. You might want to have a sleep study done, I snore and sleep like a rock, still wake up tired.

We found out I quit breathing 66.4 times per hour for up to 20 seconds at a time. Rather than dragging my cpap back and forth, I've just been leaving it here at the house, and then getting my sleep when I can here.

I have a cow bell that a friend gave me, think I am going to figure out a way to hook that up so if she gets out of bed this evening, I will hear her...that thing will wake the dead. Hope you have a wonderful day, I think I am going to go check my eyelids for light leaks...rofl...
(1)

54j...welcome to this crazy place that will keep you sane !!! If anyone can help, it should be Ladee. She has been beaten up by a 92 yo woman !! And proud of it !! Just let us know what is happening. Sounds like hubby is violent (from your profile) and too young for this ALZ. And you have your own problems, too. Whew !! And the patients get all the sleep while the caregiver is beat down before the fight even begins.......come back and talk to us, tell us your stories and cry, laugh and scream with us.....I think I heard Starri this morning. She is only one state away........yeah, I'm sure it was her !!! So keep coming back and we will lift you up when you get knocked down. No one should do what you do alone. We are always here for you, with no judgement, and we will fight with you and care for you. Glad you are here.
(1)

Starri......sorry bro can't handle any more, but that just goes to show you how difficult this all is. At least he gave it a good try....that is more than most sibs will do , believe me. I would have taken his help last year at this time. Please get some sleep and come back to us. Honey, you need some help. Maybe hospice can send someone over so you can get a break from mom? Just so you can get more sleep with the machine? I am as tired when I get up as I am when I go to sleep. If I quit breathing when I sleep, I don't know it, but if I did know it, I might be tempted to not start back up again !!! lol (I think)

My day off today, so I am getting a shower and getting this day started. See you all later this afternoon...........have as good a day as possible.........
(0)

Love ya seeme and have a good day off, hugs across the miles to you...
(1)

Good Morning Posse!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Welcome to 54j. You do have your hands full.....bless your angel heart.....maybe we can put our heads together and see if we can come up with a way to allow you some extra time off to yourself. Only 4 hours and spending that with your sister is not time enough for you to recharge. And what an angel you are for using your time with her!

starri.......sending you hours of uninterrupted sleep.....it sounds like your brother does a real good job of helping with mom when someone else is there also. Maybe that should be his time?

I can hear water running.....front yard guys must be here to finish...will check back later.

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(0)

Mornign everyone, knock on wood I think todays goanna be a better day, aunt told me last night that it wasn't one of her better days. I told her the good thing was tomarrow was the dawn of a new day. So far so good. Except she keeps telling me I don't need to pick up her new med for her bladder control this week. She says she can just skip a day. They are trying her on a new one cause the other one was so expensive. Her bladder control is getting worse. Re,ember whn I said she was wearing depends and didn't need them, this is gonna sound gross but I started checking her bathroom trash cause the bags started feeling heavy. Yep she was having light wet ones. It started getting worse when she thought she had a uti. No uti. But he changed her from oxybuterol to somthing else. New he's changing her to detrol or somthing. I kinda think maybe she has had a small stroke or tias or somthing. Just a little bit of a drop in her. Anyways.
Did somone say cowbell???? Someone else used a cowbell it drove em nutts. Good luck. Starri, can you tell hospice about your issues with this bed? Request a new one? Somtimes all you have to do is ask. The worse they can do is say no. Ladeeda, hey lady. Hope you have a good day with sonny. Maybe he would like the memory game. I bet he would like to do somthing he thinks is work. Seemer, hope you recover on your day off. Jam, are the guys working in your front yard hot??? I bet I know why you need to go so bad to watch them work. Lol. Some tan city boys pulling weeds for ya? Grab you a glass of tea, plant you a lawn chair on the front porch anf enjoy ;) or if your like me just plant you a chair inside behind a closed windowshade lol. Jk sorry I must have cargiver brain today love you all big big big hugs. To everybody.
(2)

so far so good, cleaned up just fine...no punches!! good thing for me huh?? today is my 4 hours a week off. so excited what should I do go to grocery go to park go to dentist or just sit in a parking lot somewhere and have a good cry. Oh well no sense having a pitty party dont want my eyes to be swollen when I leave the drive way. Shoot I might even go into a dept store...do they still have those? you know where you go and they have clothes and little junk you dont need? Might see if I can find one lol. only a joke hasnt been that long..or has it??
have a great day I plan on it . I HOpe
(2)

ASG.....I WISH there were some hot looking guys working.....nope, not even near, you can see where I am....lol. Sitting here looking at some dust on the front of my dresser thinking maybe I ought to do that instead of running down to work on the col's house more. Besides I ran out of carpet shampoo and need to pick some up. Will do that later when we go visit her. Trying to decide where we want to eat supper after seeing her. Not like there are a lot of choices. Maybe Mexican. There is a new Thai place in town and if I can just keep hubby from seeing it.........
When the incontinence started with the col, it was the little spot on the back of her jeans, so we suggested she get Depends. She went out and bought pads, which didn't work. When we moved her here we found a bunch of used, dried up pads under her bathroom sink....saving them in case she ran out....ewwwwwwww! Finally got her in Depends and after trial and error, I have found that since she doesn't like to get up and move, where the pad is glued onto the "panty" on Depends was rubbing her tailbone raw. That's when we went through the hoards of toilet paper and kleenex being stuck in her pants. Then I went to Tena's which are more expensive and harder to find in a larger quantity. She has done the tp bit with those too but not as much. Then I found some Assurance. The legs are cut square and the panty part is a little bigger and they just seem to work better all the way around. Once Aunt gets used to them, she won't complain, but believe me you don't want her sitting around wetting herself all the time. I don't know how to explain the shape the col's house was when we moved her. I would walk in the door and gag, my eyes would water and honest to God, I couldn't stay in there. Then I would smell like that!!! Even now, we have a couple of things in our garage that we took out of her house and with the heat the whole place stinks. But I can't leave the door open or snakes will crawl in. And one is a beautiful Lane cedar chest....guess I could set it outside and see if the sun would bake the smell out. With my luck it would make it worse and ruin it.

54.....glad to hear your morning started off well. What's the weather like? If it's warm I think I would take my favorite book, get something to eat, go to the park, don't forget a blanket to sit on and have myself a nice little picnic. Listen to the birds and just let the world go on around you. I hope you do something fun for yourself.

Howdy to all.................hope you are having a great day....

Love and Hugz,
Jam
(1)

6 7 8 9 10
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter