The Caregiver....How are YOU doing today?

Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing

Comments

Show:
2 3 4 5 6
Book
please find higher ground to ride out the storm

we are thinking of you and sorry to hear of your auntie
(5)

Bookluver, I an so sorry to hear of your Aunty's Passing. I was luck to have 3 amazing Aunty's in my life, my Mom's 3 sisters. Losing them was so difficult, and then my Mom too, Uggg, I know it's a part of life, but I do understand how sad this time is for you right now.

How scary to be preparing for a typhoon! I hope and pray that you find Safe refuge, and that it isn't anywhere near as bad as you think it may be. Please let us all know how you are doing, and do find a safe place soon! I'll be praying for you and all of your Loved Ones! Take Care Girl! ❤❤❤
(6)

Book, I’m so sorry for your loss. Cancer is just a horrible disease. Can you and your sis go to a hotel to ride out the typhoon? Keep us updated as you can.
(6)

Book I am so sorry about your Aunt, was she still in Washington? And typhoon would scare me too.. do you have any other realitives you could stay with, or your boss and his wife?
(4)

(((((book)))) I am sorry for your loss. Please stay somewhere safe! Let us know how you are.
(5)

Book, I am so sorry for the loss of your Aunt.

Typhoon, certainly there are better places to ride the storm out that bro's? Take care of yourself.
(4)

(((Book))), I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your aunty. Cancer is such a terrible disease.

Stay safe during this upcoming storm! Do you have anywhere else you can shelter if bro and SIL don't respond?
(4)

I'm sorry about your aunty Book, do they have an explanation on why there is such a high cancer rate on your island?
As for the typhoon, are there public shelters that might be a better place to go to ride out the storm?
(4)

My aunty who was diagnosed with cancer and flew to Washington for treatment - has passed away this morning. She was my mom's sister. I now have 3 family members who lost the battle to cancer, my 10 year old niece (oldest sis' granddaughter), my first cousin and now my aunty.... In this island, one person dies of cancer every three days.

On another note, we are now preparing for a super typhoon to hit our island on Tuesday or Wednesday. Not pass us, but hit us. I'm preparing our house for flooding - since we live at the lowest level ground below a cliff line. All the water from the main road on our left, the waterfall from the cliff on our right, and all our neighbors land from the front and behind will drain to our house - the lowest of all around. As you all know, I'm terrified of water. I can't even stand having water reach my ankle in a shower or bathtub before I start hyperventilating. I'm brainstorming. Last night, I mentioned to bro and SIL of next door about spending the typhoon with them. No response. Just silence. SIL said her precious babies (vicious Rottweilers that wants to tear me to pieces based on how they viciously launch at me every time they see me, crashing against their cages trying to get at me, growling and snarling, teeth viciously showing as they try to rip from their cages) will be inside their house. sigh....
(5)

How am I doing or feeling. My prescription pills are running out. I call it a drug not yet approved by a Govt. agency? It’s called Humor. Make people laugh to make you laugh from what ever you say. You’ll know your prescription is running out when the other person isn’t laughing. Then come up with something else and don’t get into caregiver experience because it is a downer for you and the person doesn’t smile or laugh and ask how is family member doing?
(3)

2 3 4 5 6
Related
Questions