The Caregiver....How are YOU doing today?

Follow
Read More

Comments

Show:
Starri, call hospice right now and let them know you are having these problems, they should send someone out right away to help you, and to teach you how to do this on your own... It is hard for us to explain how to get a diaper on her. Are you using the ones with tabs? they are easier than pull ups, and hospice should have supplied you with these.. That is what hospice is for, call them right now, they are on call 24/7 to help you... let us know..
(0)

Ok, one more question. I'm trying to picture your situation in my head so I can help you. You said she can't roll on her back? Does she just not have the strength to? Or is she having pain in her back?
(0)

Do you have any of those large square wet pads?
(0)

Starri, yes I'm here,
(0)

ladeeda, wow, holy shit, didn't mean to make anyone mad. Read back at what I said! I said "I opened my mouth and told her we didn't need to hold the cat over the bowel to eat, it would eat when its hungry." She's afraid its not getting enough, she thinks he looks lanky. So, since you are a cat person can you tell me how much you feed your cat? I really was asking. Rosella, by cutting the cats nails I don't mean getting her declawed. The groomers will clip the tips off, like you do dogs nails, or human finger nails it grows back. This cats claws are really long and sharp, it has a scratching post. It keeps getting them caught up in the carpet and curtains and it causes her pain. Ok i won't talk anymore about the cat! It really is a spoiled cat in some ways, its overly coddled, she buys everything for it under the sun. I still think its better than the box I found it in, in the middle of winter, in a warehouse. Crying its poor little head off. Ok NOW, I won't talk any more about the cat. Hugs to everyone. Its late and I don't have the energy to catch up. Welcome to the thread new people.
(0)

hey ASG, having a hard time here this morning and don't know what to do, Mom has been having trouble getting up and down to the toilet, finally this morning she said she could not do it, I tried getting the bedpan under her, I can't lift her, so I tried getting a diaper on her, she can't roll on her back, I can't lift her so I barely got it in a place that it might work... I just don't know what to do.. Sitting here crying my eyes out isn't going to solve anything... any words of advice?
(0)

Ladee, sent you a message on fb, love ya :0)
(0)

I know she always get more then me ,once in a while when we get to visited a place to eat ,she get a full plate and I wind up with half,but I tell them and their rely is that she know how to order better then me. Oh well it works out because she only eats half so I make out good all the way around.
(1)

I'm glad Betty is feeling better.......maybe it was that big ol' hug that helped....:)
(0)

What do I think about ASG's cat? That she should give the cat to some friend and tell Auntie that the cat escaped. It's not Auntie's fault, but she is really torturing that poor animal. Of course cats don't want to be "fed". They are so independent! That cat will develop some serious mental problems if he stays in Auntie's hands much longer, and he will become so aggressive that you won't manage the situation anymore. So, my advice is: "Away the cat!" (and, please, don't cut his nails!!!)
Ladee, I don't work a lot to accumulate money! I work a lot to pay the bills and I am always full of debts! My mother's helpers cost a lot of money and then you have the heating, the electricity, the taxes, the things that get broken and you have to call someone to fix them and they earn in one day what I earn in one week. I prefer to spend 90 per cent of my money paying the helpers, because when my mother will not be here anymore, I shall have to work to support myself so I cannot leave my job (if I go out from the "world of translations" now, I won't be able to come back in 2, 3, 10 years, whenever is the time my mother leaves me!) There are very rich people in Italy; not me! And most of the people I know. We have to struggle hard, hard, hard! (just to make an example, I had to pay a 500 dollars bill of electricity and I have to translate 4 films to earn that amount of money!)
(1)