The Caregiver....How are YOU doing today?

Follow
Read More

Comments

Show:
1 2 3 4 5
Thanks CM, will be on the lookout; we have rabbits our here in the country, who knows? Sneaky old cat hasn't given up his hidey hole yet....
(0)

Wow! I think I have an ulcer!!!
Your situation almost sounds like mine😪
(0)

Taking care of my ex-employers Mom.
I live with her. I get 1 day a week off and I am about to lose my mind!
(0)

Mally, that would make me think "poisoning?" - call me paranoid if you like, but I've read too often about people unthinkingly or evilly leaving poisoned bait where non-target animals can pick it up. Got any neighbours with a rat problem or anything like that? Wish her better, anyway; and glad to hear pusskit turned up safe and sound.
(3)

@ 5:45 am my dog woke me; she was having a grand mal type seizure; lost bowel control and everything - no history of seizures (?). So I cleaned it up; nothing to do after that but make a cup of coffee and stay up. Kept her in all day to observe her. Later on one of our cats, the older deaf one, went missing. Missing as in I looked EVERYWHERE in the house, outside.... so I decided to sit and wait for him to show up for his lunch, tho I was worried, it didn't seem possible he had gotten out of the house... which he hadn't. While I was sitting at the table reading, he suddenly showed up on the chair next to me. Thank God! Unfortunately, I didn't see where he came from, so his hiding place is still useful to him.... sigh.
(3)

Jam yes its hard. Up & down days. The key is to stay focused on your own goals & to understand its their illness and not yours. It's hard not to internalize because we love them. They too are upset & angry about what's happening to them. They lash out and do get aggressive. I recently told my mom that her yelling at me and acting aggressive I will not accept. I explained to her that's why many people do not visit their parent's. I was very clear with her. She has calmed down and I still see her but I give her & I space. I was trying to see her on a scheduled basis but I think that was too much for her. Easier for me. I take it day by day now. The key is to keep some distance.
(1)

Glad, if I think a typhoon is scary - and we mostly live in cement (cinderblock) homes, I can just imagine how much scarier it is to live in the Mainland - where most homes are made of wood. I hope the hurricane weakens before it hits land.
(5)

Book, happy to hear from you. Now we have Florence coming that is forecast to have significant, possibly very destructive, impact in Virginia, North and South Carolina.
(2)

Thanks, MsMadge. Power goes off, our land line phone (wireless handset) went dead, too. No power, no wi-fi. What is soooo frustrating is that on the radio, they tell us to Not call the power's emergency dispatcher. To please go online and report it. Uhm… most of the island (80% ??) was without power. Not everyone has a data plan. Oh, to find the latest update, please go to Homeland Security, Governor's website, radio stations website or FB.. .I was just sooo frustrated that this is the very first time we had a typhoon and all I heard on the d*rn radio was to go to so-and-so website for updates!!! Can't go to the websites if we don't have power. No power, no wi-fi.

Can you believe fave sis did not have a small radio? For Years, I've kept nagging her to get one. Every time we had a typhoon, I told her to get one. The day before the typhoon arrived, she asked me if I had a radio to spare. Ahem.. remember I'm a packrat? I have … 5 radios. I gave her my bathroom radio that hangs on the wall. I've had it for years. It is very, very clear and strong at picking up radio stations. She just texted me. Her granddaughter broke it...

Going to Amazon or Ebay to look for a hanging bathroom radio, an old fashion hand held telephone (that won't die when the power goes off) and some replacement hardwares for my screen windows. I just noticed how most of the thingy (don't even know what it's called) are all rusty and not holding the screen to the wall. Later!! I'll catch up on the other thread. I'm on a mission before I forget to buy those stuff....
(8)

Welcome back, Book
(2)

1 2 3 4 5
Related
Questions