Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Just say NO. You're the only one who can stop it but it won't until you draw the line and put your foot down.

"but because I don't work full-time, I was relegated to care for MIL" Who "relegated" you and why don't you unrelegate yourself? Are you getting paid for caring for MIL or is all this gratis?

Tell husband and anyone else who needs to know that you rescinding the relegation and resuming your own life. Or give them a bill for your services.

Give them a list of what you've been doing and advise them to hire someone or find a placement for MIL. Find a job for yourself, even if it's not a career job, but just get out of the house so they're forced to take action.

Your husband is obviously not giving you any support, and has issues himself. I wouldn't suggest you consider splitting up, but it may come to that if he expects you to be the doormat you're not.

But the first step is to make the decision that YOU won't do any more. Enough is enough. Time to move on, with or without the family.
(4)

Circus, I hope someone would give very helpful advise for you.... You are still young, you should enjoying your life with your husband and children!!! Can I say/ask you to tell your hubby " I quit my CG to your MOM" Please think about your happiness, it is nothing selfish about it.
(1)

PS....It's helpful for people to respond to questions and disscusions with you if you fill in a short profile of your situation on the PROFILE page. Just condense what you wrote here. You're all set.
(4)

Welcome! That's one hell of a story! But you sure ain't alone as you have already seen. This site is a great resource for any and all questions and also to blow off some steam.

I've often wondered how so many women put up with getting the inlaws foisted on them while hubby and the rest have a cocktail or go shopping. Men wouldn't put up with it for a minute. MIL, FIL, and any other IL would go straight to the care facility, or at least most would.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter